Main Menu

Prog 1791: The End

Started by radiator, 07 July, 2012, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Double-length finale of Dante, and it looks like last weeks Dredd was the beginning of a longer arc rather than a simple one off...

James Stacey

Fantastic end to Dante. Not the ending expected but finished in fine cinematic style. I expect some people will be screaming at their comic though :) I notice Si snuck himself into the last frame. I'll say no more as I can't do spoiler tags on my phone.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Damn you HALIFAX!!! Can't get away 'cause I'm in Halifax fot to sort out their stupidity regarding my banking transactions!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Pete Wells

Quote from: James Stacey on 07 July, 2012, 10:05:25 AM
Fantastic end to Dante. Not the ending expected but finished in fine cinematic style. I expect some people will be screaming at their comic though :)

That was me! It was a brilliant ending, wasn't it? I feel kind of numb now though, it wasn't the ending I wanted but it was certainly a satisfying one. Hats off to Robbie and Si for keeping us all guessing to the bitter, bitter end. That cover was all kinds of beautiful too.

Sigh, I'm gonna really miss Nikolai.

The Monarch

Friday can't come faster :'(

although saying that while I want to read the ending...do I want to read the ending? does that make sense or is writing 13 weeks of Dante recaps frying my mind?

Pete Wells

I've just read Dante again, this time without the butterflies in my stomach and heart pounding. It's an excellent, excellent piece of writing. The second panel on page 5 is incredible and the very last page makes a beautiful bookend to the original opening DPS fifteen years ago.

Truly wonderful storytelling.

chuffsteruk

One thing that bugged me in this weeks Dredd-what's with the `open-neck`casual style of the uniforms?

Cactus

You bastard, Morrison. You wonderful bastard.  :'(
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

blixab

What a climax to the past 15 years. Think this was the first time that I have gone straight to the Dante strip before reading JD.

As already stated by others, not the ending that I thought but utterly brilliant. Just feel a sense of emptiness now but sure that will disappear once the new thrills start.

Now can't wait for the final trade to add to the rest of the collection.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Spaceghost

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 07 July, 2012, 12:03:14 PM
One thing that bugged me in this weeks Dredd-what's with the `open-neck`casual style of the uniforms?

Me too. Dredd and Maitland sure looked stupid with their tits hanging out, tiny, pin-head helmets and comedy chicken shoulder pads.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Eamonn Clarke

I presume the Rich Cabaret is a nod to the Vicious Cabaret in V for Vendetta?
The Judge dancers look like a bit like the performers in the Kitty-Kat Keller.

Don't know what's going on with Maitland's zipper. Dredd would normally frown on any uniform irregularities.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Pete Wells on 07 July, 2012, 10:35:48 AM
That cover was all kinds of beautiful too.

Yeh, that covers absolutely stunning! So tranquil. I've not read the prog yet, though. Trying to resist until tomorrow, so I can relax in the bath with it.  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Cthulouis

Last week Maitland was introduced as a strong, robust judge. Now she has arms like pencils, and the art focuses too much on tits and arse. Since I restarted collecting tooth a year ago, this is the first time Dredd has left such an ugly taste in my mouth. Especially disappointing given how amazing the past year has been.

Dante on the other hand... it's just too big, I don't have words but I have so many questions! Brilliant stuff.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Cthulouis on 07 July, 2012, 05:16:09 PM
Dante on the other hand... it's just too big

Many a young babooshka would agree with you.