Main Menu

kapow is kapoof

Started by rogue69, 23 December, 2012, 10:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Kapow is Kapoof

read this on the comic conventions site

December 22, 2012   Kapow! Comic Con
Well, well, well seems Kapow won't be returning in 2013. A statement from Lucy and Sarah states as much

Dear Friends,

Due to an increased workload in Millarworld and Millarworld Productions, we will not have time to arrange another wonderful Kapow! Comic Convention in 2013.

Sarah and I have had to make a very tough decision, and after much deliberation and poring over upcoming work schedules, we have decided to put Kapow! 2013 on hold. The event is a genuine pleasure to work on and everyone has been a total delight, but this year we are unable to dedicate the time necessary to deliver a weekend that once again exceeds the expectations of attendees, guests, exhibitors, publishers and studios.

Millarworld Productions first TV show 'Pavilion of Dreams' is scheduled to air on BBC One Scotland on Jan 3rd at 9pm and in 2013 both myself and Sarah will be heavily involved in the development and production of various TV shows and feature films.

We hope to return with an even bigger and better show for Kapow! 2014.

Best wishes and enjoy Christmas and New Year,

Lucy & Sarah Unwin

Seems that that "San Diego Comic Con of the UK" , yeah really, will be back in 2014. I find this odd as Kick Ass 2 is out in 2013 and would have thought it would be a perfect platform to launch it.

CrazyFoxMachine

Oh well - no clashes for Bristolcon then. Excellent.

JOE SOAP

Dodsy

It's a shame I emjoyed the first 2 Kapow's but this will free up some money to try another UK con. Any suggestions other than Thought Bubble? (I'll already be there)
Twitter - @dodsy84

Bolt-01

There is a con in Cardiff at the beginning of March, last year was a blast so I'm looking forward to this years.

CrazyFoxMachine

Dodsy:

http://www.comicconventions.co.uk/comicconventions/ List of 'em here

Cardiff, Bristol & Demoncon in Kent I'll be at - !

Dandontdare

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 27 December, 2012, 08:39:35 PM
Dodsy:

http://www.comicconventions.co.uk/comicconventions/ List of 'em here

Cardiff, Bristol & Demoncon in Kent I'll be at - !

Useful list - though Cardiff is showing as 25-26 feb on that site - isn't it the following weekend? (Hope so, cos I just booked a bargain hotel for that weekend!). Thought Bubble's a definite, and I may try to squeeeze Biringham and/or Bristol in as well.

Dodsy

Cheers CrazyFox. I'm sure I've got that site bookmarked somewhere.

What would people consider the best UK con's? I'm more into 2000AD/ Dredd and the US comic scene rather then Manga and TV shows.
I hear that Manchester is full of manga kids in cosplay so that would be no good to me for example. What do people suggest?
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dandontdare

Quote from: dodsy on 28 December, 2012, 01:00:31 PM
I hear that Manchester is full of manga kids in cosplay so that would be no good to me for example. What do people suggest?

It is - Manchester is one of the MCN franchise - overcrowded, manga-driven, celebrity (rather than creator) autographs and with not much interesting comic-stuff going on. I'd avoid any of these. Thi'll be my first Cardiff, but Brum and Bristol have both been good in the past.

Bolt-01

Cardiff should be good and Bristol this year will be my first as a punter for almost 10 years so I'm looking forward to seeing it from a very different perspective.

Steve Green

May do Cardiff this year - I enjoyed the LFCC last year just because of the Dredd panel, although it was one of those celeb/signing things which I don't really get the appeal of. Had a nice vibe though.

Simply Si

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 December, 2012, 01:46:12 PM
Cardiff should be good and Bristol this year will be my first as a punter for almost 10 years so I'm looking forward to seeing it from a very different perspective.

Bet like me you won't buy anything!!!  :lol:
Do you have to put something witty here?