Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I just came across the phrase "the managed decline of developed nations." Neat idea for a story, I thought. Then I looked around...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Daveycandlish

So who's watchin the mass debate tonight? (and yes I meant that)

Me? Think I'll catch up on last fridays Ashes to Ashes...
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

uncle fester

Here's a very interesting tale, and I thought I'd share it as a lesson, even though I was trying to steer clear of this thread.

I decided to do the "voteforpolicies" test for a laugh to see what kind of mix I would end up with.

I didn't read the "further policies" on any party, in any section.

I went through the test in about 10 minutes, tops.

I got bored trying to decipher some parts of it and I confess my mind was drifting to 'putting the kettle on'. To highlight this, I have rather a short attention span if I suspect things are being explained in an overly complicated manner, when a more coherent method is easily available)

I came out with a 33% leaning towards the policies of the fucking BNP.

This makes me sick, quite frankly. Without paying enough attention, entirely my own fault, I have partially agreed with a legalised bunch of racists.

The moral of this story is READ THE SMALL PRINT. For God's sake, vote at the election. If you don't, you have no right to complain later. Vote for whatever it is that you genuinely believe in. But make damn sure you know exactly who you're supporting and exactly what it is you're signing up for, not just the headline policies.

The devil is indeed in the detail.

I'm off to wash my soul in soapy water.

(In other news I was 33% Green, and then 11% Tory, Labour and Liberal)

Dandontdare

Quote from: uncle fester on 15 April, 2010, 06:44:58 PM

So basically, you'll just be happy if somebody wins?  :D

uncle fester

I think it means I just wish we could all get along :)

Christov

I'm in total agreement with Fester.

People; please pay attention to who you're considering voting for, I mean, we are voting for who is going to lead this country, not for who is going to win X-Factor.

vzzbux

Ah fuck it I'm just going to write all the parties down on a piece of paper, pin it to a dart board and throw a dart at it.

VNP (Vzzbux National Party) (Vote now)
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Lady Festina

Quote from: uncle fester on 15 April, 2010, 06:44:58 PM
I'm off to wash my soul in soapy water.

I recommend Ecover products for creating your soapy water in a Green Party type way....

However, they are a Belgian company so you'll have to hate yourself at the same time....

COMMANDO FORCES

Hey Fester I did the complete test with some strange results.
Eyes down for a full recap:-

Democracy.......Conservative
Crime...............UKIP
Health..............UKIP
Education.........UKIP
Environment......Labour
Immigration.......Labour
Europe.............BNP
Economy..........BNP
Welfare............Liberal

As you can see it's a right old mish mash across the board. I do believe that if you do the test you have to be truthful, otherwise it's a waste of time. Especially if you are trying to answer just to get the party that you want everyone to know you follow.
I have always thought that there is no one party for me and this just proves it. I knew I am to the right in some areas but again I am also to the left in others.

Before I get the old racist card thrown at me because of the BNP bits, remember to look at my immigration result.

All this means is that I will be voting Liberal in my area (I know I can't believe it myself) and here are the main reasons why.
I can never vote for a party that sold all that gold at rock bottom prices and also robbed our pension funds and this by the Chancellor at the time.
I also can't vote Tory as those Bastards made parking in my Fucking street cost £25. I now park up the road in the non permit area. It's not just the big things that piss me off.

So come voting day my cross will be a waste of time as it'll be in the yellow box  ::)

uncle fester

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 April, 2010, 07:46:30 PM
So come voting day my cross will be a waste of time as it'll be in the yellow box  ::)

I'm not sure any more if the term 'wasted vote' really means what it did in previous terms of office. It seems to me that, in the current climate, it could at least be a signal that the main two parties can no longer rely on the guilt of it to garner more votes for themselves.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Or maybe I'm just trying to see it from all angles, whilst really waiting for the Conspiracy Thread...

COMMANDO FORCES

Just think if everyone who was pissed off or just don't normally vote put a tick in their box, what an upset :o

uncle fester

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 April, 2010, 07:57:48 PM
Just think if everyone who was pissed off or just don't normally vote put a tick in their box, what an upset :o

Well, quite. But it would be more of a landslide.

House of Usher

I got 25% Liberal Democrat (welfare) and 75% Green (environment, education and democracy). Those are the issues that interest me. I'll see how I score on the issues that don't (and the economy, which does, but I don't think there are any magic solutions).

Edit: Oh buggah. I see now it says choose at least 4, not just 4. I'm not sure I can have another go. Oh well. I'd already decided how I was going to vote anyway.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

No Green for me HoU, damn this planet and all who sail on her  :lol:

House of Usher

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 April, 2010, 08:23:51 PM
No Green for me HoU, damn this planet and all who sail on her  :lol:

That's Tordelback and DevonsDaddy, then.  :lol:
STRIKE !!!