Main Menu

UNDT Round 3 Heat 9: Judge Caligua vs Judge Death

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 September, 2020, 07:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

1. 2. 3.

ROCK  / SSSSISSSSSSSSORSSSSSSSS

He waited for what seemed like an age him to finish saying his choice, letting the maniacal grin slip onto his face. He had him now.

"Besssst two out of three?"

Judge Caligula (Judge Dredd) - more info

OR

Judge Death (Judge Dredd) - more info

Leave the name of the character you like most in a reply to this thread and I'll count up and call the winner early in the morning Friday 4th September.

'Rules' and what not, for what they are worth

And there's more about the structure of the tournament to be read

abelardsnazz

Cal's murdering and megalomaniacal ways may have contributed to the decimation of MC1's population, but he's still one of the living, so Death squeezes his heart to win a vote.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I'm going to vote Cal to keep it interesting.

SBT

Magnetica

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

WhizzBang

sheridan

Everything up to the end of Boyhood of a Superfiend (trying to ignore the comedy shtick of the nineties) and what's been done with Deadworld since mean that Sidney gets the top spot for me.

Cal has similar - the majority is great though any post Day the Law Died appearances (or of clones) have only diminished the character.

AlexF

If you put together a montage of every single Cal face drawn by Bolland from that epic (probably about 20 max), you'd find more character than all the panels of Judge Death by every artist put together.

But I'm still voting for Death because his design and ludicrous philosophy is just that beautiful.

paddykafka

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

JayzusB.Christ

Loads of respect for Cal, but he's essentially just a future version of John Hurt as Caligula.

Death - I'm not really into the comedy stuff, but his first few appearances, Necropolis and that first solo story illustrated by Frazer Irving puts him in first place for me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

Buttonman

l always thought Cal was a bit fey and nonthreatening. True he tried to kill everyone but that would have taken ages. Death wins as he finished his work and went looking for more.

Tomwe

Colin YNWA

Quiet one this and I think I know which way its going but it seems to be quite close. So a vote today before I close the this one in the morning might swing it yet.