Main Menu

murky depths comic and sc-fi fiction

Started by Zarjazzer, 05 October, 2009, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Bolt-01

I've known Terry since he started with Murky Depths, and he's a very commtitted chap. Well worth checking out the books as well. I've not been dissappointed yet.

mygrimmbrother

Yeah, had a chat with Terry at BICS and have since checked out the site. Very impressive looking covers, high production values. Looks intriguing...

Lucifal

Thanks, guys. And a big thanks to Bolt-01 who has been very supportive of Murky Depths from the off.
Here's the cover of Issue #10 which will be hitting the streets at the beginning of November and ready for Thought Bubble.

And if you're a fan of Luke Cooper's work here's the cover to his first standalone comic with us (you may remember his earlier work with James Redington's Portent Comics). It's a 32-page full-colour Halo Slipping story, which should also be ready for Leeds.

Zarjazzer

I've just ordered Issue 7 as the cover alone was just amazing.Looking forward to it.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Lucifal

Issue #7 took off yesterday. With luck it will land today.
Yes, I was chuffed when Chris Moore agreed to illustrate the cover (from Issue #7 the covers are all wraparound too). It's based on a comic story that has no narrative or dialogue.
I shall look forward to hearing your comments.

locustsofdeath!

I plan to order a couple of your mags in the next day or two, Lucifal. Judging by what I've seen on your site, they look great.

Lucifal

Cool. Let's hope the postal strike doesn't happen.

Zarjazzer

it did indeed arrive today. Very good so far.The comic book stories are fun but the short fiction is excellent especially the story "Psong" which has a killer last line and is just magnificent.

"The history of dogfighting" comic strip is another triumph but pretty well th e whole thing so far has been a real eye-opener.

Good production values and the cover and interview with Chris Moore were another point of interest and there's alot in it. Still quite a bit to get through. Definitely worth it.

Stunningly good!  8) 8) 8)

Definitely not for kids though this is dark sci-fi fiction. And I just subscribed too.

Lucifal

Glad you're liking it . . . and enough to take out a subscription already!

Issue #9 should get to you on Saturday - missed today's mailing. The artist from A Brief History . . . is also doing the artwork for Dead Girls

I'm hoping some others here will discover Murky Depths. Would you say it was a progression from 2000AD? Or something entirely different?

Zarjazzer

It doesn't really remind me of anything perhaps only Games Workshops old "Inferno" which was a nice mix of comic book and stories but really Murky Depths is more in the vein of Weird Tales/Dark Horizons (or what Weird Tales should be!) rather than 2000AD.

Lucifal

I'm always interested in getting feedback. As for Weird Tales, I like their recent covers, and I'm getting used to the new logo. Never been a big fan of the pulpy paper though - but it does make postage cheaper!

Zarjazzer

whoa! issue 9 is excellent. Only half way through it but that story by Juliette Mckenna (i hope thats right) is my fave so far.

Lucifal

Juliet E McKenna is keen to write another story for us. Jon Courtenay Grimwood will have a new story in Issue #12 . . . all being well.

Has anyone been to the Murky Depths website recently and seen Mike Carey's quote about Murky Depths?:-
QuoteA fantastic mix of prose and comic horror, interviews and articles: nobody else out there is doing anything like this.

I'm ready and waiting for your order locustsofdeath

Lucifal

Juliet E McKenna has a new story in the current issue (#15).