Main Menu

Xmas Booty 2020

Started by shaolin_monkey, 25 December, 2020, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 31 December, 2020, 04:08:46 PM
Which now technically means you'll have to "get rid" of all that gin somehow. Oh no.

The struggle is real, man.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 December, 2020, 06:14:53 PM
If you'll stretch to whiskey with an 'e', you can do a lot worse than Lidl's Dundalgan brand.

Indeed. Nearing the end of my first bottle of the IPA-barrel version and its worst crime is that it's maybe tiny bit watery when drunk neat (as nature intended) - but very fresh and tasty nonetheless. At the same price as a basic Jameson it makes a nice change.

shaolin_monkey

I got a replica chimp skeleton for Xmas.  By 'got' I mean 'bought'. A bit of a Xmas present to myself. 2nd hand - a bargain, spotted on Etsy. Arrived just before Xmas. Makes me smile every time I walk into our living room.

Jim_Campbell

If you'll stretch to whiskey with an 'e'

Do you think you get a name like James Campbell without some Scots blood?* I'm sure Irish whiskey is lovely, but if I'm going to get into Scotland after they get independence and rejoin the EU, it'll have to be scotch from now on... ;-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 31 December, 2020, 10:24:33 PM

Do you think you get a name like James Campbell without some Scots blood?* I'm sure Irish whiskey is lovely, but if I'm going to get into Scotland after they get independence and rejoin the EU, it'll have to be scotch from now on... ;-)

We will take anybody who willing to work towards an inclusive & outward looking country and they don't have to be whisky drinking, haggis eating redheads 😂😂😂😂. All are welcome 👍🏻

Shaolin is the living room your chimps "final" resting place? I'm sure when visitors are welcomed back into your living room that will be a talking point 😳
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 31 December, 2020, 10:24:33 PM

Our neighbours in the little town I come from were Campbells - I remember the late Micheál Campbell getting us absolutely shitfaced on Irish whiskey far too early in the day one Christmas :)

It was The Scunner from Supergran that made me realise there were Scottish Campbells too.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 31 December, 2020, 11:43:00 PM
Shaolin is the living room your chimps "final" resting place? I'm sure when visitors are welcomed back into your living room that will be a talking point 😳

Yep, he is permanently in my living room now.

Mind you, above him is a gallery of original 2000AD art, to the left of him is a grand concert harp, and right of him is a xylophone, next to a bar that contains rare Star Wars stuff, and opposite on the far wall are display shelves of primate and ancestral human replica skulls, to name just a few other 'talking points' in there!

Visitors to my place are already used to seeing a bunch of eclectic bits and bobs, so I doubt Klogg will phase them. 😄

Hawkmumbler

Was mostly chocolate. And whisky. Got some very good books though, so not a bad haul at all...

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I very much approve of that Clark Ashton Smith! Fantastic stuff!

SBT

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 03 January, 2021, 01:45:04 PM
I very much approve of that Clark Ashton Smith! Fantastic stuff!

SBT
I listened to a great audio reading of THE TALE OF SATAMPRA ZEIROS, the first in his Hyperborea cycle and very much Smith's Call of Cthulhu, and was deeply impressed. Very excited to crack open the Penguin edition, the inclusion of a huge chunk of his prose and verse poetry is much welcome as well.