Main Menu

Deathmatch Classic.... for us old farts

Started by bluemeanie, 03 August, 2011, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Just got this today. £2.99.... its frigging Quake!

Proper old school shooter. None of this co-op crap, you kill EVERYONE and see who has the most frags at the end. Totally kinetic old school fun. Frigging loved it.

Bit wary of online shooters now as you always seem to be in a team with 6 other guys who know the maps inside out and give you a torrent of abuse if you dare to not be stood at point C with weapon A at exactly 123 seconds in. This one you just run around and shoot

Bit of a nostalgia thing but still rocks. As its playing on the old Half Life engine should work on any pc too

How can you not love this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AKJDrBBwU

In case anyone does put this on, or even if you just have Steam, I'm on as welshbluemeanie
Just bought a copy for a mate who used to play this stuff with me YEARS ago. Worth £3 to kick his ass again  :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Downloaded it from Steam (I had it from an old Half Life download anyway). Not a soul playing it!
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

£5.99 when I had a look. That's a bit steep.
We never really die.

bluemeanie

Really? I was on earlier and when I filtered servers to populated only there were about 10 with people in

It's gonna be a slow one tho to be fair as it's so retro. Like I said tho for three quid I can have a run around with a few mates who are also getting it so job done. Steam makes it well easy to find friends which was always a pain back when