Main Menu

prog 1658 delivered and read

Started by moly, 17 October, 2009, 09:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

WoD

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 19 October, 2009, 02:30:01 PM
My problem with Necrophim is that there is no sense of scale to it.
What I mean is this: they are in hell- I'm sure there should be the odd person dotted about somewhere, but instead there seem to be endless empty corridors.
And it reads to me like a radio 4 play in that there are essentially 4 speaking parts in the whole strip.

I know what you mean, but I take it to be set in a certain layer of Hell where the 'cool' kids hang out while the minions do the majority of the 'work' in the layer below (or above...not sure which)...and the fact there's a limited cast helps my aged brain!

Mikey

Quotewhile the minions do the majority of the 'work' in the layer below

They're all sitting in their cells, downloading apps for their phones. Or busy demonising?

The prog was top notch again - very jealous of Racs page ownership because when I seen it I immediately thought about looking for it meself! But Necrophim still hasn't clicked for me; I don't feel anything about it, but as has been said before,it maybe suffers slightly from the strength of the thrills around it.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Ochs

I just love it... I love it all. But as for Dredd, I haven't been this hooked on a story in ages.

The one thing that I'd ask for that would make things even better is a prolonged run of Nikolai Dante. It's all built up but lost it's momentum at the same time. Still there's the Christmas prog just around the corner.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Hoagy

Does anyone here, know where i can pick up a prog in stockport? It'd be a real treat to read on the bus out of there. He not its marvel discontinued... I just don't have the money!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

planetmirth

I think the current lineup is fantastic. I really can't wait for the next prog.
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Hoagy

Blit ring. Got one thanks. Read em all. Albeit one. Over they review? Twoth gets tough. I'll treat accordingly.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

highjon

Its been said already, but, what a great cover!
The more I look at it the more it strikes me.
Loving Dredd, Strontium dog, Kingdom, Necrophim & Shakara dont grab me but respect is there. Shakara reminds me of when I was a boy reading Nemesis the Warlock and not quite knowing who the Baddie was!
But hey at least its a better option than Nikolai Dante! Sorry, I just dont enjoy it when he is given prog space.
Great Cover!
cheers
john

Noisybast

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 October, 2009, 12:49:40 PM
A telephone in hell?... how do you bill Auld Nick for those 0800 numbers?

You don't - they're free!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Kerrin

Great prog. As my fave I'd say Shakara. Dredd was fun. Kingdom rocked. Strontium Dog ditto (though there were a couple of panels where Johnny looked a bit odd) and although the art is still excellent, I thought the script and dialogue in Necrophim went "clunk". Pity. Hopefully it'll sort itself out next week.

The two page spread of the Hierarchy Armada in Shakara is just quality, and I particularly liked the design of the little repair-bot things on the first page as well. Good Flinty, have a biscuit.

stacey

Love the cover, Jonny is sooooooo pretty, I has a big crush.  Loving SD and I really liked the Dredd, saying nowt about Snake and his long tongue, nowt AT all. Shakara is as gorgeous and nuts as usual.  I agree with whoever it is said that Genedog is incredibly loyal, he is, but I think his loyality lies with Leezee, I did feel I had missed an episode here, missing as we were Gene realising Leezee was missing etc.  Still loving it though, so looking forward to the next prog. It's firing on all cylinders.

TordelBack

Keeping it brief.

Cover was good stuff, simple, bold, colourful.

Dredd didn't do that much for me this week, but it was nice to see another perspective on events.  Are we to understand that all the mutants let into MC-1 [spoiler]had their birth certs with them[/spoiler]?  Hmmm.

Shakara is the best it's been since the introduction of the teknosaurs.  A nice clear plot, well handled and outstandingly illustrated.

Kingdom.  Superb in each and every particular. It all makes sense to me - Gene is loyal to the Masters not the Pack, and Leezee replaces the Urgings, so she's number one - perfect dog behaviour.   Is there really an automated extraction system?  What will the ship look like?  Will they take Leezee away?  Will Gene snap Rex's puny neck like a grape stem?  It's nail-biting stuff, and I wish it would never end. Plus:  odds are looking good for Clara saying:  "Baby, you ate our Dingo!"

Strontium Dog.  Ouch, that young Johnny really is a bad-ass when you mess with his friends.  Interested to see where this is going to end up.  

Necrophim.  Good episode.  Personally I like the look of hell as a run-down urban cesspit, and I thought the plot kicked off nicely this week. Like the ECBT2KAD boys, I have high hopes for what keratinous delights lie under Lucifer's topper, but I find Uriel very unengaging as a central character this time out - he had more going for him in the prologue.  I may also have reached my limit for photo-realistic boobies, and I didn't think that was possible.  Put some clothes on, girl.

Mardroid

Quote from: stacey on 23 October, 2009, 05:46:23 PM
I agree with whoever it is said that Genedog is incredibly loyal, he is, but I think his loyality lies with Leezee, I did feel I had missed an episode here, missing as we were Gene realising Leezee was missing etc.  Still loving it though, so looking forward to the next prog.

I thought that too, but then I went back and read the previous episode. He does notice she went missing there. (I think the problem might be that there was other actiony stuff overshadowing that bit right at the end.)

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 October, 2009, 05:59:16 PMAre we to understand that all the mutants let into MC-1 [spoiler]had their birth certs with them[/spoiler]?  Hmmm.

Under Dredd's law, the only mutants allowed in to the city were ones who could prove some connection (ie they were expelled because of the anti-mutant laws) and were free of radiation contamination - I imagine that this excluded a huge amount of the cursed earth population! When the law was passed, I wondered about all the eligible muties kept out because they don't have the right documentation - but that's par for the course as far as "The Law" in MC1 goes!

And why on earth was that bit spoilered?  ::)