Main Menu

DC Universe Online.... aka why the wife will divorce me

Started by bluemeanie, 20 September, 2011, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

ok... firstly... actually firstly Im hammered so sorry if this is all balls

SECONDLY... you can switch between PVE and PVP in game. You gotta go to the main hubs to do it but its doable.

So, PVE is basically you against the game. You can team up with people and all that but you are basically playing through the scenarios they have set up. I'm doing this with my first villain. I will also do this with my first hero. You still have to do missions where they auto team you up with others of your sort in battles against other real players of the opposing side but you have to choose to go into these deathmatch type scenarios

PVP is the same as above but any other in-game player who is of the opposing faction (hero/villain) can attack you. Cool if you are a badass. Bad if you are just starting and cant get to your first mission without some level 20 bastard toasting you. Most missions start off in one of the safe houses and require you to get across the city. With this option you can get attacked en route

hope that makes vague sense

Martin Jameson

Just how long does this take to download for the PS3??
I have to stop it now and again because we need the console to watch the odd film etc. but, really, it's been downloading for about 3 days now!

Noisybast

Sod this for a lark. Took all bloody weekend to download, spent about twenty minutes creating a character, and then the fucking thing won't budge off the loading screen! It's been there for about 10 minutes now. I don't get a lot of gaming time lately, and I'm buggered if I'm spending it looking at a picture of Scarecrow. Time to force close and uninstall, methinks.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

Just read the update on the game portal. Turns out it's a glitch where the game isn't showing some users how long the login queue is. Restarted and it turns out there's five and a half thousand people ahead of me.

Off...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Trout

bluemeanie

They've had MAJOR problems with this. Apparently about 3 times more people than their optimistic estimate have signed up. Have had long periods where I couldnt get in and have been bombed out mid game once but still loving it once I do get in. Got my guy levelled up to 13. Took out the Teen Titans yesterday. That was pretty cool.

Bottom line, its a freebie. I'm happy for them to take their time getting it up to 100%

My experience all on the pc version though. Dunno if the PS3 is a lot worse. Know their facebook is full of complaints but no surprise there

strontium71

Well , mines been downloading since 11.00am this morning and it's only on 74%. Is this normal? I probably have slow broadband but even downloading a 6gb game on Xbox only takes a couple of hours.
...because I hate you.

klute

Quote from: strontium71 on 18 March, 2012, 08:43:30 PM
Well , mines been downloading since 11.00am this morning and it's only on 74%. Is this normal? I probably have slow broadband but even downloading a 6gb game on Xbox only takes a couple of hours.

Not sure i downloaded it for the pc months ago got 3 days in and quit, it's a horrible game worse still if your a free player so it's back to warcraft for me
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

strontium71

Well , it finally finished downloading at just before midnight so about 13 hours all told!!
And after all that I now need a controller to play it. Which I haven't got.
...because I hate you.

bluemeanie

Really? For the pc?
I dont have a controller... all done via keyboard. Dont even know how you would do it with a controller unless it had a shit load of buttons

And while it's obviously on the backburner while I take my time with Mass Effect 3, I still enjoy it. Like I said, I did spend a fiver in-game to unlock a load of stuff from the off. Once ME3 is done I'm going back in and am gonna treat myself to one of the DLC packs. They cost a tenner but worth it for the hours of gameplay I've gotten out of it

strontium71

The message 'controller not inserted' popped up so I presume that it means I have to have one. I'm only used to console playing so I wouldn't like to use the keyboards anyway. I don't know why I downloaded it actually - people were bugging it up so I thought I'd see what the fuss was. It it came to the 360 that'd be good : )
...because I hate you.