Main Menu

Block War for Judge Dredd Miniatures Game Kickstarter

Started by Ancient Otter, 08 September, 2012, 07:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Boon

Thanks Strontium :)

I can't pm on here, my account needs upgrading. If you give me a list of what you want painted and whether you want it tabletop or display standard, I can give you a quote. No obligation of course. Probably easiest to do it through my Facebook page or you can email me  - old_cho@yahoo.co.uk

Temponaut, those are really neat and clean and you've got some great detail like the teeth. If you wanted to take the next step with them, they'd just need 1 highlight colour in the obvious light catching parts. Then a Citadel wash to blend the highlights and catch in the recesses. If you did that to the same standard as your base coating, they'd be better than most people's tabletop standard. They're already better than a lot of stuff I've seen used.

judge devs

My mate sent me link to this and I am soooo tempted by this. I have the original 'Gangs of Mega City One' game that this evolved from and it is pretty good. I've recently download the free rules and am gonna have a read before I decide how much to pledge. I am a very keen gamer, board, table top and RPG's and if I had one complaint is that Mongoose often aren't the best at supporting thier products. Although in fairness that has a lot to do with them being a small outfit.

Personally, I'd love to see some one like Fantasy Flight Games have a stab at a new board game, because they're stuff is superb.

As for painting figures, there are loads of gaming clubs all over the country be it Military Gamers or people playing a lot of Warhammer and Warhammer 40K and all most all of them have painting services or members that will do it for you.

Cactus

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 September, 2012, 03:50:52 PM
You are correct, you need to paint them, or get someone else to do it ;)

Excellent! In that case I just have to decide how much I want to spend. I'm not sure how I missed this on the Kickstarter page:
QuoteImportant: Models are metal and/or resin, and are supplied unpainted and unassembled.
It doesn't reflect well on their in-house painters that I thought they'd been done by a machine in Taiwan.

Ahahaha-ha! My modify button works.  :D
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

judge devs

Has anyone seen how well this is going $32K and counting! They only wanted $2K to start with.

Kinda makes you think that if they can get that much for a table top mini's game that even the vast majority of Dredd Heads wouldn't be interested in what would happen if we did one for a sequel movie?!?

Looks like I'm going to go $300 and maybe another $100 for the manta tank  :)

Mongoose_Matt

Just wanted to say thank you everyone for your kind support in this project - it has certainly gone past our expectations and you are really helping to make the Judge Dredd miniatures range and game one of the best supported around.

We have just added a new stretch goal, a new pledge level (one which will please the artistically-challenged!), plus some freebies we wanted to hand out in return for the support this project has received thus far.

TordelBack

I have commenced remorselessly intensive nagging of the wife to this end.  As a one-time keen painter of miniatures she may just be susceptible to my worthless whining.

As long as 3A Hammerstein stays off the radar until well after Christmas I may just be able to swing a couple-of-boxes pledge level. 

For those that know, are they roughly in scale with the old Citadel range?

judge devs

They are the same scale as the old Citadel ranges.

I shall be doing $300 come payday at the end of the week. Still really want the Manta as well. I keep telling myself I should stop spunking money away on Dredd/2000ad merch but I can't stop myself. I love the fact that they're adding figures from other series as well.

What is it with the 3A Website they have the most annoying website ever, and it also, as far as I can see has fuck all about any of the proposed ABC models.

By the way Mongoose_Matt can we have Johnny Alpha/Wulf/Gronk/Middenface/Durham Red stretch target please. Just as you seem to sticking to the sci-fi stories for bonus characters.

Having said that you could do a Proteous model and we can time travelling for Slaine  :)

Mongoose_Matt

Another stretch goal fell this morning - thank you for your support in that. The Judges of the World set will now be added to the range, bringing a distinctly international flavour to the game!

Next up is a stretch goal for characters from the Doomsday for Mega-City One storyline, including two Assassin Droids, Nero himself, and Chief Judge Hershey. We have added Hershey to several of the pledge levels now, so many more people will be able to enjoy what will be a great looking miniature (graphics for the pledge levels will be updated on Monday).

Sandrine is unfortunately ill again today, so I cannot showcase what she is currently working on - that will come next week. So, instead, I will reveal the next stretch goal, one that (with your continued support) will bring some of the worst and most notable villains to bring disaster to citizens of Mega-City One.

It is a great line up; Warmarshal Kazan, Blanche Tatum (as the Executioner, many of you have been asking for an alternative to Megaman for the Lone Vigilante!), Rico Dredd (fresh from Titan!), Sabbat, the Judge Child, Oola Blint (now that will be a fine looking miniature!), Kenny Who?, Chopper (as the Midnight Surfer) and Stan Lee.

These models will be added to the Sector Chief and Chief Judge levels, but the Street Judge and Wally Squad levels will get their choice of any one of these miniatures, while the Council of Judges level will get a choice of three!

I'll be about to answer comments over the weekend, though there won't be a formal update until Monday afternoon. I'll be spending the weekend working on the final updates to the Judge Dredd miniatures game rulebook (constantly fiddling with games is a Games Designer's disease!), and adding more material to Block War. You will be able to download the results to both of these, for free, next week.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mongoose_Matt on 29 September, 2012, 11:11:50 AM...will bring some of the worst and most notable villains to bring disaster to citizens of Mega-City One ... Kenny Who?...

Crivvens!  :lol:  Right, it's time to move on from nagging to plaintive begging, my Christmas present has, errr, presented itself... 

judge devs

Matt,

One quick question, I intend to pledge later today at the Council of Judges level, and possibly at Senior Judge Level for the Manta Patrol Tank as well, but assumedly, the other figures that I choose not to take from the Villians set will be available seperately at a later date. Very difficult to whittle that selection down to three!

Mongoose_Matt

Hi there,

Everything on the Kickstarter will eventually be available as normal.

There is another update too;

Another stretch goal has just been past - thank you all very much for your support thus far. Nero and his assassin robots will soon be making an appearence in Mega-City One!

A few things for you in this update...

Sandrine remains ill (nothing too serious, just debilitating), and so some of the vehicles and other accessories I was hoping to show you by now will have to wait a little longer.

However, this does mean we are going ahead with the next stretch goal, and it is for something we know a lot of you have been after - the Mechanismo robots! We will be creating four of these monsters/earnest Law enforcers (depends on your point of view!), covering the Mk I, MK II and Mk IIa variants. Even if you won't allow them on the streets of Mega-City One, they are just perfect for risky missions in the Cursed Earth, Undercity, or alien worlds!

We have also managed to update the Block War supplement. You can grab it from our web site as normal, and you will find some new weaponry, new Mercenaries, and a whole new force - we are showcasing the East Meg Invasion Force for the first time! A perfect foe for both the Justice Department and the Citi-Def (and any punk who objects to invaders on his turf, for that matter...).

We have quite a few things lined up for you this week, including the last update (it really will be the last this time!) of the main rulebook. Could not resist just a few tweaks here and there, and you are going to like what we have done with Talents!

So, stay tuned, and keep an eye out for these updates, as we will have a few surprises and 'cool things' for you!

TordelBack

The $150 pledge level is looking fantastically tempting at the moment - amazing value, about 40 models and a Pat Wagon!  :o 

I assume Mongoose has no rights whatsoever to reproduce the movie look?  Even now it's appeared in the Megazine as a strip? A Peachtrees box set stretch goal would really be something (Dredd, Anderson, Ma Ma, Lex, Caleb, Kay, Gatling Gun!).

judge devs

Quote from: Mongoose_Matt on 02 October, 2012, 10:40:50 AM
Everything on the Kickstarter will eventually be available as normal.

Excellent, I have already done $300 and may well do another $100 as I mention before. I read the stats for the Manta in Block Mania, holy shit!!

Hugely impressed with the way this Kickstarter has gone.

Mongoose_Matt

We have been beavering away on the Judge Dredd miniatures game and Block War today. Most notably, we now have working rules for BIG battles in Dredd and, better than that, specific scenarios to handle Block Wars (up to three players, with a normal force caught between two rival blocks!), last stands in the Cursed Earth, and the Zombie Apocalypse!

We are doing a few more updates to Block War, but you will see all of these a little later in the week.

Second, we have added a new pledge level - Troggie! This is a $4 pledge, but gives you any one model of your choice from the current Judge Dredd range, so you can round out your collection. You can see the list of available models at;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/jdsingles.pdf

You can, of course, pledge for more than one model, or add to your existing pledge if there are specific models you are after - simply add $4 for each extra model!

Finally, we have added the Weapon Packs to various pledge levels - these are collections of 4-6 weapons from the game that you can snip off and add to existing models, allowing you to customise them as you see fit. Street Judges will get one random weapon pack, Wally Squads and Council of Judges three, and Sector Chiefs and Chief Judges five - no stretch goals to meet, we just wanted to add these as a token of our appreciation for your support thus far!

TordelBack

Matt,

Probably not a priority for you guys when you're in the middle of all this, but I think what's really needed in those Weapons Packs are some Lawgiver Mk I's - several Judge characters are presently holding Mk II's despite having died before the newer model ever rolled off Nero Narcos' production lines.  Pedantic nerdism over.

The Troggie level is a great addition - really opens things up.