L.o.E.G. 2.6

Started by DavidXBrunt, 11 September, 2003, 06:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Ooo, Y is tr?s good.

What's 1602 like? Worth getting?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mikey

I've never been a big MArvel reader meself but yeah Odds,enjoyed the first issue enough to buy the second.And,though I like Gaiman,I'm not exactly obsessive.
Not sure about the art,it's a bit clean fr me but functional enough.

Looking forward to Y from everyones recommendations...
M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Marbles

"Welcome to England old chap"

Cracked me up. I shall miss old Hyde.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Last of the V8's

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Hmmm..sort of agree with you.
Especially in the Alan Moore stand out moment bit, which just wasn't there this time round.
I was expecting H-142 to be something really special, it wasnt, so was badly disapointed in that. Hyde attacking the war machine was cool, and I didn't expect him to get back up, but overall as you say it was an anti-climax unfortunatly. Sniff.

DavidXBrunt

Sp-sp-sp-sp-spoilers, granville.

Well what else was H-142 going to be. It's a secret history of The War of the Worlds, isn't it?

Disappointed by the perfunctary exit Nemo bit but otherwise better than most every comic I read this week.

Something Fishy

Ya odders.. it's bloomin splann.

best new book i've read in ages.  DXB told me you were a fan when i was umming and ahhing about getting it.  glad i did.

JimBob

Overall I enjoyed this run off LOEG, the deaths of Hyde and Griffin both worked really well, and hyde developed in a way I didn't expect whilst still remaining an evil shite (particularly enjoyed the Martian eating). And I now have an abiding terror of Rupert the Bear.
 So what (and who) are next for the League? Personally I'ld like to see Harry Flashman turn up,or maybe the Hollow Earth, or the dastardly Hun.

Mangamax

That gipsy grannie that was pretty accomodating - made up or pilched?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Steve Green

I believe the gypsy granny is a reference to an issue of Oz magazine, which was the subject of an obscenity trial.

In it, Rupert was pictured having sex with 'Gypsy Granny', whoever that is.

- Steve

Buddy

Very much enjoyed this run of LOEG, liked the idea of the hybred virus thing and was sorry to see Hyde go (but he did get a park named after him).

Nemo's exit was a bit abrupt, in the space of a few panels he just uped sticks and left, but everythig else was top notch!!

So, will we see a LOEG Book III, and which fictional characters can we look forward to joining the team?

Mangamax

How about Proffesor Challenger and The Lost World?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Art

Book III is apparnetly going to be set in 1910s, and feature Mina Murray. Carefull reading of the Almanac at the back of LOEG book II may give you a good guess as to the identity of her gentleman companion.

Generally Contrary

Quirkafleeg

I think Nina Murry turns up in  by Kim Newman... but so does just about everyone

Quirkafleeg

ahhh chevrons caught me out there... was avoiding giving away the title of the book as that would so what give it away