Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs_jr

any one had luck subscribing to the asterix collection?
if you click the link to subscribe now on the asterixultimatecollection webpages it doesn't take you a subscription page

moogie101

Just had a delivery, 59 Hewligan's Haircut & 60 Invasion.

sintec

Yeah same here, pleasantly surprised as I wasn't expecting them so soon.

Just devoured Zaucer in preparation for his reapperance in the prog this week; it's all kinds of bonkers in the best possible way.

athorist

Been reading Sooner Or Later, and after this election, having someone take the piss out of them was really what I needed. And their system's much better
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

AlanProut

I picked up the latest issue and once again the art on the spine is slightly off, this seems to be happening more and more these days.

sintec

Quote from: AlanProut on 18 December, 2019, 05:44:58 PM
I picked up the latest issue and once again the art on the spine is slightly off, this seems to be happening more and more these days.

Which issue are you considering latest, Invasion or vol 1 of Slaine Book of Invasions?
It's mildly ambiguous because many of us subscribers are a month or more behind the shops for "reasons" and only just got Invasion. I haven't even checked the spines line up for Invasion and Hewligan yet as I've not had a chance to read them (currently on holiday and decided to take novels rather than comics as it's more hours of reading for less weight).

AlanProut

When I said the latest issue I was talking about Slaine: Books Of Invasions, volume 1. But the spine for my copy of Invasion was slightly wrong too, Hewligans Haircut was fine.

IndigoPrime

Just in from Hachette:

QuoteWe wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of moving to a new customer care centre. We are aware that a large number of customers have recently become frustrated with our customer service and we have decided to appoint a new customer care company. We take our customer satisfaction very seriously and have made this decision to improve your customer experience.

The new email address for the
2000 AD The Ultimate Collection is:

help@2000adcollection.com

(Please note that the previous contact number and
email address are no longer in use)

Alternatively, if you would prefer to call the customer care team,
the new hotline number is:

0345 193 5020
(Local rates apply)

sintec

Ahhh so they outsource their customer service, that explains why the people you speak to know fuck all about anything and don't seem to really give much of a fuck.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 December, 2019, 02:55:49 PM
Just in from Hachette:

QuoteWe wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of moving to a new customer care centre. We are aware that a large number of customers have recently become frustrated with our customer service and we have decided to appoint a new customer care company. We take our customer satisfaction very seriously and have made this decision to improve your customer experience.

The new email address for the
2000 AD The Ultimate Collection is:

help@2000adcollection.com

(Please note that the previous contact number and
email address are no longer in use)

Alternatively, if you would prefer to call the customer care team,
the new hotline number is:

0345 193 5020
(Local rates apply)
RECENTLY!?

mitchuk

I've been meaning to update my address so good timing with new contact team. Sent them an email yesterday and they said updated today.

Googled the company address and looks like they also do Customer Service for Eaglemoss.

Tomwe

Quote from: mitchuk on 20 December, 2019, 10:20:49 AM
I've been meaning to update my address so good timing with new contact team. Sent them an email yesterday and they said updated today.

Googled the company address and looks like they also do Customer Service for Eaglemoss.
My experience with Eaglemoss customer services is pretty good. Be prepared for long holds with Ed Sheran on the telephone though.

Robes

I don't know what is up with this collection but I haven't been charged since October and haven't had anything since no 50.  What is going on? To receive my last 8 copies I've had to badger them and got them in batches of 4. I had zero problems with the judge Dredd collection but this one has been constantly a problem.

sintec

Thoughts on recent volumes:

Invasion started really strong, it got to be a bit repetative towards the middle but picked up again for the ending. Some of the reproduction felt overly heavy on the blacks - there were a few panels where nearly all the detail had been lost which was a shame. I'm guessing the original art is long gone and this is being reprinted from scans of earlier reprints and this was the best they could muster. Looking forwards to seeing where Pat takes this story when Savage returns in the summer.

Hewligan's Haircut on the other hand was a great change of pace from the other books in the collection. Sooner Or Later and Zaucer were the highlights for me; Swifty's Return felt like it just didn't quite live up high standard set by Sooner or Later and at times Hewligan seemed to be trying a little bit too hard to be wacky (loved the ending though). The art was great throughout though and really sold the bonkers story ideas. The only let down in this volume was the Future Shocks at the end which were all a bit meh. I wonder if we'll get the current run of Zaucer in one of the extension volumes? Are there some suitable bits it could be paired up with?

rogue69

Just looking on the Forbidden Planet website they have listed all the volumes upto 80
They are;
61; Slaine- book of invasion Vol1
62; Nikoli Dante vol 6
63; ADC Warriors Volgan Wars vol 2
64; Caballisics Inc vol 1
65; Strontium Dog Life & death of Johnny Alpha
66; Slaine Book of Invasion vol 2
67; Rogue Trooper vol 5
68; Ampney Crucis investigates
69; Nikoli Dante vol 7
70; Slaine book of Scars
71; Durham Red the Scarlet Cantos