Main Menu

Block War for Judge Dredd Miniatures Game Kickstarter

Started by Ancient Otter, 08 September, 2012, 07:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge devs

Quote from: Noisybast on 11 October, 2012, 08:32:20 AM
Quote from: judge devs on 11 October, 2012, 08:13:28 AM
Well there is that, but I thought I picked up a hint of 'this is gonna be ballache' in your previous comment  ;)

I haven't painted for close to twenty years and like you still have all my old citadel paint in a box with what must now be some pretty shocking brushes.

I hope you've been adding the occasional drop of water. I opened mine about a year ago to find half of them had solidified!

Citadel paints are water based and shouldn't be too bad, but no I haven't opened any of them for many, many years!

Mongoose_Matt

Two stretch goals fell overnight, which fairly surprised us here at Mongoose. Our heartfelt gratitude for that, there will now be new Heroes in Mega-City One and a range of vehicles to hit the streets! I know many of you were wondering what was coming next, so...

If we can count on your support up to $80,000, we have something quite special for you all. First off, we will introduce not two, not three, but four new box sets, each featuring a biker gang so you can take to the Megways among the ground cars, mo-pads and Lawmasters, and wreck havoc at over 200 mph! We will add a Street Gang (punks and juves) on bikes, an Ape Biker Gang (okay, okay, I admit, that one is an addition made purely for myself!), Renegade Robots on Bikes and, finally, Zombies on Bikes (with Zombie Master/Mistress)!

These sets will be added as choices for Rookie, Street Judge and Wally Squad levels. The Council of Judges pledges will receive one Biker set of their choice in addition to everything else (and can still choose others as part of their box set options). Sector Chief and Chief Judge levels will automatically receive all four!

But that is not all... We will also do the legendary biker Spikes Harvey Rotten on a Lawmaster, as featured on his trip with Dredd across the Cursed Earth. He will be added to the Council of Judges, Sector Chief and Chief Judge levels.

And that is not all either! If we pass the $80,000 mark, we will send an electronic copy of the Judge Dredd RPG core book (which is a lovely read, even if you are not a roleplayer) to everyone who has pledged more than $100, regardless of actual pledge level - just our way of saying thank you very, very much for all your support. Judge Dredd started off as a 'community' game, and your help in boosting both its range and profile, not to mention the ideas many of you have contributed to the game itself, is appreciated beyond words here at Mongoose HQ. Thank you.

Finally, we are not setting it as an 'official' stretch goal just yet but, if we pass the Biker Gangs, we will set a final stretch goal for the Judda, as requested by many of you...

TordelBack

:o  Oh my.  Pledge my pretties, pledge as if an anonymous stranger's happiness depended on it!

Meanwhile, while digging fruitlessly in the attic for Crisis 27 for The Cosh, I decided to unearth my 'vast, comprehensive, lovingly painted' collection of old Citadel Dredd minis. 

The best thing I cay say about the small handful of garish chipped lead that it transpires is what I actually own is that thank Grud I didn't ruin paint Don Uggy, Joe Bananas and Fast Eek - they're lovely, and will make nice additions to my imminent Ape Gang!  Uppity apes with guns: this is best in life. 

As to the stuff I did get round to desecrating with Goblin Green boots and Dragon Bronze pads, only my Apocalypse War Dredd conversion has any merit, and that is simply nostalgia talking.  Hell, it was 1985, I was 14 and fully expected to see mushroom clouds before ever I saw a girl's bra, there wasn't time for washes and matt coating damnit. 

Still, I have two very nice Lawmasters from that range, some nice skysurfers, and there's a perfect Ron Smith Ugly too.  Itching to line them up with the Mongoose stuff, roll on Christmas.

Does anyone know of a comparison picture that shows the Mongoose figures and the Citadel?  What I've read suggests that the Mongoose figures are a little bigger, but there's a fair range of size across the Citadel ones anyway so I can't see it being a problem (the Dredds in particular are tiny, as are the Kleggs, while the Apes and sundry perps are huge).  Pleased to see that the non-movie (i.e. generic filler) droids, aliens and troopers from the old Star Wars Miniatures game may fit in nicely too, dodgy paint jobs aside. 

Excited now!

James Stacey

I brought the full set of 2000ad Frontier Miniatures when they were on offer a couple of years ago and they still languish unpainted and I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more till they were finished. I'm weakening though.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 October, 2012, 11:25:05 AM
Does anyone know of a comparison picture that shows the Mongoose figures and the Citadel?  What I've read suggests that the Mongoose figures are a little bigger, but there's a fair range of size across the Citadel ones anyway so I can't see it being a problem (the Dredds in particular are tiny, as are the Kleggs, while the Apes and sundry perps are huge).

Have a wee look here and enjoy the clip  ;)

MIXED MINIATURES

judda fett

TordelBack

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 October, 2012, 03:15:24 PM
Have a wee look here and enjoy the clip  ;)

Aw that's great, thanks CF!  I should have known to go straight to the blog of record in the first place.  The Kleggs (!) and Dredds are too small for comfortable mixing, but everything else looks grand.  The apes in particular, which, let's face it, is the important thing. 

As to the rest of you, PLEDGE drokk you.  It's a long way to 80K and yer old pal TB needs Biker Apes baaad.

TordelBack

Looks like the kickstarter will be well through the $80K mark by morning, so I can sleep easy. 

A quick calculation suggests that (for example) the Council of Judges/$300 pledge level will now be offering you 155 miniatures, including Spikes Harvey Rotten on a Lawmaster, Rogue Trooper, a Mechanismo Unit, Kenny Who?, a biker gang of your choice, the whole Angel Gang, the Dark Judges plus their spirit forms, a Sentenoid, three Fatties, War Marshal Kazan, Holocaust Squad judges, Walter, the ABC Warriors, a CitiDef unit, Chief Judge Hershey, DeMarco PI and her urbane gorilla, an ape gang,  etc etc etc.  Plus a Pat Wagon and sundries like weapons and electro cordons and a PDF of the Mongoose JD RPG.

That's working out at close to GBP£1 per mini, the kind of money they were going for back in the '80s. Astounding value if you can find the dosh.

And still the tentative promise of Judda lurks somewhere in the next 36 hours...

Only one question remains:  wot, no PJ Maybe?

judge devs

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 October, 2012, 11:24:46 PM
Looks like the kickstarter will be well through the $80K mark by morning, so I can sleep easy. 

A quick calculation suggests that (for example) the Council of Judges/$300 pledge level will now be offering you 155 miniatures, including Spikes Harvey Rotten on a Lawmaster, Rogue Trooper, a Mechanismo Unit, Kenny Who?, a biker gang of your choice, the whole Angel Gang, the Dark Judges plus their spirit forms, a Sentenoid, three Fatties, War Marshal Kazan, Holocaust Squad judges, Walter, the ABC Warriors, a CitiDef unit, Chief Judge Hershey, DeMarco PI and her urbane gorilla, an ape gang,  etc etc etc.  Plus a Pat Wagon and sundries like weapons and electro cordons and a PDF of the Mongoose JD RPG.

That's working out at close to GBP£1 per mini, the kind of money they were going for back in the '80s. Astounding value if you can find the dosh.

And still the tentative promise of Judda lurks somewhere in the next 36 hours...

Only one question remains:  wot, no PJ Maybe?

I totally agree I've done the Sector Chief Pledge at $500 and gave up trying to work out how many figures it was but it was well over 150 a while ago, plus at least 6 vehicles. This really is a great deal however you look at it.

Wot no PJ Maybe, there are a lot you could add to the list, but personally I'd have liked to have seen a Wreckers crew, would have made a perfect set.

Anyhoo.....$78,368 as I type this...

I, Cosh

... I decided to unearth my 'vast, comprehensive, lovingly painted' collection of old Citadel Dredd minis...
I think pictorial evidence of this is required. In fact, if you start a thread about it, I'll dig out that crappy Judge whatsisname who Cal made strip to his pants again. If you're really lucky I might even throw in an equally ropey Johny Alpha and Gronk.
We never really die.

judge devs

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 12 October, 2012, 12:55:03 AM
... I decided to unearth my 'vast, comprehensive, lovingly painted' collection of old Citadel Dredd minis...
I think pictorial evidence of this is required.

My shame is a private one.  The effect my adolescent painting had on those minis puts me in mind of this:

I can only assume that as I painted my off-hand was occupied beneath the table, Buttonman-style.  It'll be different this time.  Honest. 

Meanwhile, $82K as I type this (two-handed).  Biker Apes will be miiiiine.

Mongoose_Matt

We really did not think the last stretch goal would be passed last night - but you guys rallied behind it and shot past it! Our grateful thanks for that.

So, in the last 20 hours or so of the Judge Dredd Kickstarter (finishes a little after 9:30am Saturday morning, UK time!), I think we have time for one last stretch goal!

If we can count on your kind support to take this project up to $95,000, we will add three of the Judda to Council of Judges, Sector Chief and Chief Judge levels. Perfect for teleporting into the Hall of Justice and creating havoc with Mega-City One Judges!

However, that is not all. We will also add another model from the same storyline, albeit one half world away - Oz Judge Bruce, mounted on his trike! Bruce and Trike will be added to Sector Chief and Chief Judge levels.

Once again, many thanks for your kind support thus far, you are making the Judge Dredd miniatures game into what we always hoped it could be!

TordelBack

Check out the forthcoming DeMarco (on the left)!  Fantastic!

strontium71

A pound a figure? Oh how I wish I could have afforded that particular pledge  :o
...because I hate you.