Main Menu

You Can Take Away My Geek Card Because…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 21 October, 2015, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citi-Def_Joe

I got bored of the Walking Dead after the first two seasons but had loved the first 4 volumes of the comics TPBs, its still must see TV for the Mrs however.

I have never 2001

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Citi-Def_Joe on 22 October, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
I got bored of the Walking Dead after the first two seasons but had loved the first 4 volumes of the comics TPBs, its still must see TV for the Mrs however.

I have never 2001

Season 2 bored the tits off me, but I recently watched season 3 on Prime, and it is a real improvement.

Hawkmumbler

Could have sworn I made a post here earlier. Anyway.

Kick Ass is a fucking awful dross and should never have achieved the cult status it has.

Halo Jones is a boring, meandering tale that only picks up in book III.

I can take or leave most of Rogue Trooper.

Predator 2 ain't half bad.

I will defend Alien 3 to the death.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 October, 2015, 03:47:28 PM

GET. OUT.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Adventurer

Quote from: Zombear on 22 October, 2015, 10:35:41 AM
New BSG was a "grim and gritty" update of a show about Space Moses and his monkey dog fighting men wrapped in Bacofoil that pretty much comprised of rehashing the same old plots we saw in any other sci-fi show of self-awareness and then filling the hole with some shit about sex robots that everyone pretended was really about terrorism because they didn't want to admit in public that their grown-up adult space opera was a show about sex robots.  Which it was.
Blech.
It really wasn't. At all.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

auxlen

Timothy Dalton - best bond and years ahead of his time.
Waterworld is really good.
the walking dead is boring as fuck.
I have not liked a new strip in 2000ad since the 80s.
battlestar galactica was a good first season then was shit.
I couldn't care less how slaine is pronounced as i hate it with a passion.
heth ledger only won an Oscar for the joker cos he was dead IMHO he wasn't crazy enough

Dandontdare

I'm cooler than all of you because I don't like anything that is popular and only like things that everybody else hates SO I WIN THE INTERNET!

I, Cosh

Quote from: auxlen on 22 October, 2015, 05:29:27 PM
Waterworld is really good.
Haven't seen it all the way through since it was at the pictures but I enjoyed it too. Great look and effects and a fun attempt at making Costner an old-fashioned bastard protagonist.

To try and get this back on the track I think Jim intended, you can take away my Geek Card because...

As previously mentioned on this very forum, Lalla Ward is a miles better Romana than Mary Tamm.
We never really die.

The Adventurer

Waterworld gets a bad wrap due to its production woes and poor boxoffice reception. Otherwise its a decent movie. A formulaic blockbuster type, but decent if you're into post-apoc.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 October, 2015, 05:30:28 PM
I'm cooler than all of you because I don't like anything that is popular and only like things that everybody else hates SO I WIN THE INTERNET!

Mods please change the title of the thread to this.

Or alternatively:

"PREPARE TO BE BAFFLED BY MY OPINIONS ABOUT MODERN POP CULTURE"

Imagine if this thread wasn't about scifi it'd sound so insane:

-hate dogs
-wtf is the deal with clouds
-fuck trees
-sea is TOO wet, I don't get it

Fungus

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 October, 2015, 05:13:05 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 22 October, 2015, 03:47:28 PM

GET. OUT.

As this thread grew arms and meandering legs I wondered when Tharg would crop up...

Leigh S

Don't much like Star Wars. Any of it (except odd design stuff like the Imperial Guard types, who look cool)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 22 October, 2015, 05:42:05 PM

-hate dogs
-fuck trees

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm merely observing that there are somethings that are held as self-evident truths that a person might not accept but feel hesitant to voice for fear of revealing that they have poor taste. I was hoping the thread would be more positive, in the vein of "these are things I liked that assembled geekdom is sniffy about" rather than things we hate, but this is an internet forum for SF fans...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

If you think there's only negativity in this thread, I suspect that is more on you than everyone else.  There's people back there saying Prometheus is a good movie, I really don't see where else there is to go to prove my point.

Quote from: The Adventurer on 22 October, 2015, 05:20:04 PM
Quote from: Zombear on 22 October, 2015, 10:35:41 AM
New BSG was about sex robots.
It really wasn't. At all.

It was.  Totes.

HA that's him told.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 22 October, 2015, 06:02:56 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 22 October, 2015, 05:42:05 PM

-hate dogs
-fuck trees

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm merely observing that there are somethings that are held as self-evident truths that a person might not accept but feel hesitant to voice for fear of revealing that they have poor taste. I was hoping the thread would be more positive, in the vein of "these are things I liked that assembled geekdom is sniffy about" rather than things we hate, but this is an internet forum for SF fans...

Cheers!

Jim

In that spirit, I shall return to the original post as agree that John Carter is a great movie - lack of tits notwithstanding.