Main Menu

Off topic threads

Started by Wake, 10 February, 2005, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Not fussed either way, really.  I can't say as I've ever checked to see if a thread's on or off topic before I've read or ignored it.  Glancing at the board seems to show that most of the general threads are really off-topic anyway.  

It's your time at the end of the day, but does it really matter?  The only person *really* moaning about off topic threads decided to bugger off anyway...

;)
Pffft...

Matt Timson

And what happens if I decide to take it off topic?
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Look at that!  Chaos!  Anarchy!  And all because I've decided that this discussion is now off topic.

It'll end in tears...
Pffft...

Carlsborg Expert.

This is confusing.

It makes the site cramped.

Its reminiscent of enclosure disasters.

During the agricultural revolution.

Trout needs to be horsewhipped.

-Pulger-

#Trout needs to be horsewhipped

or fish fingered

Carlsborg Expert.

Wake

If I stick with this format then I can add an off-topic link from the top.

I could fairly easily make it so that users could opt to have this alernative index view with the original one as the default.

Wake

Carlsborg Expert.

Dont listen to trout ,wake its only him trying to divide and conquer.

Unless you're sick of the random remarks?

Max Kon

I'd like to have the choise to have it like this or how it was before.

LARF

Nice to see that as a democratic community we had a vote on this first :-(

Don't like it.

Max Kon

Forgot to add that I don't like it either

Dan Kelly

> If I stick with this format then I can add an off-topic link from the top.

Seems to be a fairly strong negative view to that so far...

> I could fairly easily make it so that users could opt to have this alernative index view with the original one as the default.

Would this be best, or would you want to omit offtopic as default (as I've seen on other boards where this has come up)?

Dan

Bad Andy

Shitty death, is this really necessary?
If anything, its proven once and for all that the trout rules.

Fair play to Wake for trying to come up with a suitable middleground (and bloody quickly too). Got a feeling the board may lose a little something with this segregation though.

Max Kon

YaY, back to normal (or is it just me?)

longmanshort

I appreciate you trying it out to see what it looks like, Wake, but I'm afraid I just don't like it.

To be perfectly honest, (and this is general rather than directed at Wake) none of the people on other boards I visit get their knickers in such a twist over off-topicness and they are FAR more off-topic than this place ever is.

I'm all for people being more accurate with the categories they choose, but I'm afraid at the end of the day it comes down to if you don't want to read off-topic, then don't click on it.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++