Main Menu

The Tharg Comic Strips

Started by Andy Lambert, 10 May, 2017, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

I'm trying to catch up on a lot of 2000ad strips by collecting the graphic reprints, and I wondered if, aside from some collected comic strips in an edition of 2000ad Monthly, has the Mighty One's strips been reprinted in book form elsewhere...?

blixab

Yes, 30 issues of Extreme Edition.

Judge Dredd Law In Order, - 42 issues, Classic 2000AD - 15 issues & Classic Judge Dredd - 18 issues which were all a continuation of the Monthlies really

Dark Jimbo

I think you have misunderstood, old chap...
@jamesfeistdraws

Andy Lambert

Well, I guess that does tell me there's no collected strips in book form as yet... maybe one day.
I really enjoy the light, comedic approach to those stories and they do bring back great memories... Burt, the Thrill-Suckers, the Dictators of Zrag with cracking artwork from Ezquerra, Bellardinelli and Bradbury.... good times.

sheridan

Stories, featuring a list of reprints (I suspect the reprints list is not exhaustive).

Andy Lambert

Mucho gracias, sheridan - handy to know where to find those stories.
Still hoping for a collected graphic novel, but question is - would it sell as well among the other 2000ad stuff?

sheridan

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 10 May, 2017, 11:52:07 PM
Still hoping for a collected graphic novel, but question is - would it sell as well among the other 2000ad stuff?

As much as I like some of the stories (the ones illustrated by Ian Gibson, Eric Bradbury, Carlos Ezquerra and Massimo Belardinelli spring to mind), I suspect not...

The Monarch

think theres enough for one of those hatchett books?

Bolt-01

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: sheridan on 11 May, 2017, 01:07:01 AM
Quote from: Andy Lambert on 10 May, 2017, 11:52:07 PM

As much as I like some of the stories (the ones illustrated by Ian Gibson, Eric Bradbury, Carlos Ezquerra and Massimo Belardinelli spring to mind), I suspect not...

Rumour has it that 'The Shedding' (prog 283 - 285) was scripted by Alan Moore (it's credited to T. M. O.) - if that's true putting that on the cover would probably shift a few copies.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Andy Lambert

Whatever it takes to get a collection printed as I'd love to have a copy. Those Tharg strips are as much about 2000ad to me as any Dredd, Rogue Trooper or Strontium Dog stuff, but I think I'm probably in a minority.

jannerboyuk

Loved the tharg stories, especially the thrill suckers :)

Fungus

Like Bolt says, perfect floppy material. Wonder if they've ever been considered.

positronic

Andy Lambert

Good to see the love for the Tharg stories :)