Main Menu

Prog 2142 - Major Malfunction

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 July, 2019, 03:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Almost exactly as you were really.

Dredd remains superb. Adored the Dredd Maitland interaction and we seem to be entering the end game with Judge Pin.

Indigo Prime remains superb. Adored the Christhullhu squirting sticky corrosive tentacle goo allover folks. And what lurks  under the collapse building...???

Anderson - remains mah.

Absalom remains superb -  Adore that this is what passes as a breather in this story!

Thistelbone remains superb - Adore the wau tensions boil over and cans of petrol are bought.

Wonderful stuff in a 4/5 prog.

Colin YNWA

Well had a 'Major Malfunction' of my own messing up the thread title. Lets see if this sticks?

NapalmKev

I'd like to add Indigo Prime to my list of unlikely hardbacks. The complete IP, including Kek-W's recent runs.

Absalom, Dredd and Thistlebone are absolute quality.

In the Anderson strip we once again see Robot Judges. I wonder if this is just for continuity or whether it suggests that they are number enough, and planning, to seize control.

Cheers.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

MumboJimbo

Wow, just finished the prog, and as a returning squaxx for just over a year, for me the current line-up is the best it's been since I came back.

This is my first encounter with Judge Pin, but I imagine there's been a bit of a build up to this showdown between her and Dredd. Two episodes in and already things are hurtling towards the climax. I've been enjoying the references to Dredd's past: we had a Dead Man/Necropolis reference last week, and this week City of the Damned.

Anderson is solid, but with all the other quality in the prog, is probably the story I'm least invested in. I'm not really sure why Anderson is so concerned about Karyn, apart from the obvious "being one of the good guys" deal - they don't really have much of a personal connection. Still the artwork has grown on me, especially the colouring. There were some lovely subtle touches last week with reflections from windows and city lights passing by in a speeding car.

I think Kek W is doing great work with Indigo Prime who are basically being wrecked by the corporate entity that owns them. And what a great cover!

Thistlebone is really cooking now. Is Seema all she appears to be, or is Avril paranoid? [spoiler]I think Seema's a bad 'un as that sock to the nose she gave Avril seemed very over the top.[/spoiler]

Can't wait for the Absalom finale next week, although slightly concerned there's too many loose ends to tie up in one episode. It has been excellent though.

Bolt-01

This was a fantastic prog. I've read and re-read cover to cover, which I don't do that often these days, and I'm glad I did.

#PraiseTharg!

Link Prime

Proudhuff

Prog free Proudhuff.... not a happy bunny  :-\ :-
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

mine didn't turn up until yesterday.  First time in a long while it has been late.

Cracking read though, well worth the wait.

Frank

I hope, like me, everyone who insists it's easy to draw Anderson as a pensioner is enjoying the posts on social media from readers excited by Judge Pin and asking if Dredd will finally take him down.

Magnetica

Dredd is fantastic both in terms of story and art. Good to see consequences from the Small House, even if other writers glossed over it (cough - Wagner. :lol:). Weston continues his best Bolland impression and I have to say he is the best at it (Tom Foster not withstanding).

Indigo Prime. I'm so glad this is the last ever series. I know a lot of people like it, but sorry not for me. I like to have some clue as to what is going on week to week.

Anderson. Just shows how great a writer Alan Grant was: good stories well told.

Thistlebone. Great, atmospheric story and great art. Was half expecting a Slaine/ Horned God/Slough Geg cross over.

Absalom. Sorry but I'm finding this a very disappointing final series. Not sure how they will wrap everything up in the last episode, but I'm absolutely not expecting a happy ending.

IndigoPrime

Absalom does have a hint of "just get it done", but perhaps it's best to think of this and the previous series as a single entity. As for Indigo Prime, when was it stated this is the last one?

Frank

Tharg's use of latest was mistaken by some, including me, for last. Wishful thinking on my part.

I still hope Tharg's just told Kek-W to cut off as many yards of Indigo Prime as he needs to fill a trade paperback - never mind the quality, feel the width - rather than forcing us to endure years of the literary equivalent of watching Bennet Beeny stumble around in America Jara's body, slurring his/her words and pissing themselves.

broodblik

Very good prog.

The only question for me is how will Absalom wrap up in one episode, but lets wait and see
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.