Main Menu

Alan Moore & Oor Wullie

Started by CraveNoir, 07 March, 2006, 10:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

This Thursday:
Alan Moore's on The Culture Show (BBC2 7pm), talking about V for Vendetta.

This Friday:
BBC1 Scotland has a half hour show celebrating 70 years of Oor Wullie at 9.30pm. If you have satellite you can get it on channel 971.

Grant Goggans

I found an Oor Wullie collection last month at a flea market near Athens.  (It's the one used to illustrate the Wikipedia entry on Oor Wullie.)  That is such a charming strip!

Buttonman

I liked the ones he was dating Primrose. She could've broken my 10 year old heart!

It's rubbish now with iPods and stuff but the old Dudley D watkins ones stand up. Who remembers the one were he got loads of buckets and solds them as a brazier, space helmet etc. Classic!

Grant Goggans

In one of the strips I read last night, Primrose forces a discreet kiss (behind a book) from Wullie for helping him with his math homework.  That was so cute!!

There's a great one where he challenges some new kid who's also taken to sitting on a bucket, and the new kid brags about his wonderful, shiny bucket, which is so new you can see your reflection as you comb your hair.  Wullie scoffs at the idea that he ever combs his hair in the first place.  Hee hee!

Rex Banner

Funt Solo

Ahaha!  I vaguely remember that one about the kid with the new bucket.

I used to get an Oor Wullie or Broons annual in my stocking at Xmas - must have been in one of those.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

When I was about five, I fell in love with the lady squirrel in Disney's SWORD IN THE STONE.

Did I type that or think it?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

johnnystress

Primrose will be a fine thing when she grows up.

(hmm that sounds a bit creepy)

Satanist

Ah remember the one where he knocked PC Murdochs hat off or who can forget the one where wee Jeemy escaped?   :-D

I always got either Oor Wullie or the Broons each Xmas.

Oh and Soapy was well camp.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?