Main Menu

Xmas games

Started by satchmo, 26 December, 2008, 11:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo

I did well, I got Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead, I'm loving them both. Fallout 3 is pushing all my Cursed Earth, Mad Max, Skynet and even Cormac McCarthy buttons, it's bloody brilliant.
Left 4 Dead is massive fun, I was online last night and had some great games on versus mode. I'm going on again after the Two Ronnies is finished :)
Any Xbox Livers who fancy a game my gamertag in MagicBeanz

Also got The Club for a tenner in the ruins of my local Woolies but haven't tried it yet. Is it this one that Grennie wrote?

Hope Santa brought you all some scintillating software!

Peter Wolf

Mercenaries 2 on PS2 bought on Ebay for 12 quid [new].
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

NO games for me this Xmas, but other stuff.

Unless you count the GTA IV that I still attmepting to download until my broadband connection is replennished. The start of each month.

Has anybody started a generic thread for this or should I.

Buddy

Tiger Woods '09 on the wii.

Excellent game but putting is a bastard!

Loving the online play, anyone else got this fancy a game just let me know and I'll try add you to my friends list.

Bouwel

Had Left4Dead and Fallout 3 for the PC.

Left4Dead is excellent although, as usual, the random people on the servers are a little 'intense'.
Despite looking very good in the 5 minutes I could actually play it Fallout 3 has just been returned to Game (without any problems). My PC is way above the spec needed and I'm used to getting awkward software to work but I was damned if I could get this to work. A shame.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Tiplodocus

I got Call of Duty World at War for Wii which I'm quite enjoying so far.  Nothing too taxing; fight a dozen guys, run a bit, fight some more guys, run a bit, foght some more guys, ad nauseum.  Keep missing the GRENADE indicator which means I die a lot. A lot.

Tiny Tips got Battallion Wars II which I must admit, actually looks better than mine so I look forward to playing it when he's not around.

And Teenage - or should I say Man - Tips got Guitar Hero III World Tour for his birthday yesterday which seems less rocky but more fun.

(Me, I'm taking advantage of it being holiday time to play around on Advance Wars: Drk Conflict on my DS whenever I get the chance. I've had it for ages but damn it's a great addictive game.)

We ended up with two Battallion Wars (one didn't arrive until Christmas Eve) so I can take one back to the shop and maybe swap it for another game - I think it may be Wario Ware Smooth Moves.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Still on PS2 so similar to Tips Wii stuff....  its  Call of Duty World Final fronts  ''which I'm quite enjoying so far. Nothing too taxing; fight a dozen guys, run a bit, fight some more guys, run a bit, foght some more guys, ad nauseum. Keep missing the GRENADE indicator which means I die a lot. A lot''.  Ditto I'm being drawn back to MOH now as the teamworking bit of MOH is more up my street/trench
DDT did a job on me

Trout

I got a DS Lite, with the Brain Training game, and Star Wars: Clone Wars.
I'm not too sure of it yet, although I strongly suspect it's going to prove an excellent present for me, given I do one very boring late-night shift alone every week.

Can anyone recommend any games for this wee thing?

- Trout

W. R. Logan

Mrs Logan did me proud this year, for giving up smoking nearly 5 months ago she got me a very nice laptop.

Santa brought me:
Band Of Brothers on BluRay
The Best Of 2000AD
Commando: Bandits At 12 O'Clock
Commando: Rumble In The Jungle
Watching The Watchmen
Fighting Talk Book
The Complete West Wing Box Set
and various comic related books.

Roger Godpleton

Traded in my Wii 'cos I weren't playin on it no more and even Ninty themselves are churning out shovelware so I got a PS3 wiv 5 games using xmas money (LBP, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, MGS 4 & Valkyria Chronicles).

PS I don't have a girlfriend.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Trouty: I would heartily recommend 42 All-Time Classics, a compendium of card games and other such fun, it's saved me from hours of boredom. Mario Kart DS is the only Mario Kart you need.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

QuoteMario Kart DS is the only Mario Kart you need

I suspected as much, given I'm still enjoying the SNES version...

Thanks for the tips!

- Trout

Goaty

hope you all got lovely xmas...?

here what I got for xmas... in PC game style...

Left 4 Dead, (brilliant game!!)
Call Of Duty: World At War (again a brilliant)

DVDs
Rome series 1 (Pullo!!!)
Godfather box

as my laptop systems is really low, as it so slower plays with left 4 Dead and Call of Duty as play them in very low details...
but wonder if it would work with Fallout 3 or Farcry 2? cos think of buy them as its on sales....

thanks!

Peter Wolf

Midway Arcade treasures Vol 1 PS2. I bought it to play Defender .Unfortunately i cannot get used to playing it on a PS2 dualshock controller as the controls are reconfigurated for a dualshock and it feels horrible and wrong.The main fault being that there is not a reverse or thrust button in the right place and the reverse is unresponsive  and the whole game experience is ruined .Not to mention a whole load of other reasons that this game does not translate to a home console.If you know the game from back then you will know what i mean.

I want the upright original arcade machine as i used to go up to a million on this game back then.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Looking for a alternative to keyboard and mouse....

For games like 'LEFT 4 DEAD', 'STALKER' and other similer games....

I'm waiting for these to be invented.

Some of these already are, but just in the capacity that I'm thinking of.

I think they are called light guns, but I not sure if they are for every shooter type of game.

It would be cool if they had something like these. To improve the realism and ease of play.

Instead using the arrows on the keyboard for walking, changing direction, running around.

I was thinking foot pedals. something like plastic gish with these two foot pads that are foot operated.

Press lightly on both for walking, and hard for running, ease back on the heel for backwards and in the same fashion walking and running backwards. Ease your feet right or left for side stepping and taking one foot off completely for turning.

Something like gloves, for changing weapons, picking things up and punching.

Usng the gloves and toy gun for handling any type of firearm.

Gun comes with extra attachment to simulate firearms that need to be oprerated with both hands.

Comes with plastic clip for replacing ammo.

lastly, Some sort of headsetfor looking around you. The screen reacts to your turning head.

Could be just a fancy pair of glasses or head set with a attachment for infra-red, night vision, sniper scope if your playing that type of game.

As I have always found these functions to be less intuitive with the keyboard.

Most annoying as I would swap one gun for another when trying hail allies in 'Stalker'. They will warn you in Russian not to point your firearms at them.