Main Menu

Xmas games

Started by satchmo, 26 December, 2008, 11:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bouwel

I'm pretty certain most of what you want has been tried over the years and doesn't really work.
I did have a light gun for an old console way back and it was rubbish.

Maybe something more along the lines of this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=phob6Dr-i2k

It's cool but I think it needs some sort of sound effect when it fires!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Pete Wells

I got:

Prince of Persia - canny but it takes away your control too much and the boss fights are frustrating, long and boring.
Left4Dead - Beautiful!
I also got Far Cry 2 and Quantum of Solice which I haven't played yet.

My boy got:

Rock Band 1&2 - Aces!
Midnight Club, Pure, Sean White Snowboarding and NBA 09, all of which I haven't had time to play - bloody relatives, piss off home!

I bought my best mate Need for Speed Undercover which I'll inherit when he's completed it so I think that covers all the Chriustmas games I wanted, hooray!

Bouwel

QuoteLeft4Dead - Beautiful!

I feel a potential 2000AD fan zombie killing fest coming on ;)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Martin Jameson

Early Presents include the outstanding LittleBigPlanet (anyone else playing this here?), Fallout 3 (love it, only level 8) and I am not buying anymore ps3 games until I have given these two a lot of my time.
On our new 360 we got Left4dead, cod4 (which we had on ps3 anyway), Fable 2 and Mirrors Edge.
All cracking stuff.

Roger Godpleton

I've played a bit of LittleBigPlanet but am mainly having fun with MGS 4 (BEST WORST SCRIPT EVER) before I get started on much else
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Games I've played this Christmas:

Articulate
ThinkBlot
Outburst
Incognito
Judge Dredd boardgame
Dr Who ludo

I don't have a games console, and the computer has been switched off for a week.  :D
STRIKE !!!

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting myself..........

QuoteLooking for a alternative to keyboard and mouse....

I need to expand on that alittle more, thought the rest of my last post should explain sufficently.

Look for a alteantive to keyboard and mouse control which always seems alittle tediuos to use in the first, second and third perspective shoot games such as 'Stalker'.

In the near future, something like Gyroscopic  harness and VRr suit like they had in 'LawnmowerMan' might be the way to go.

House of Usher, those last two games sound interesting.

Right now now, My STEAM account is finally downloading GTA IV.

I hope it works. I been waiting almost a whole month after my Broad Band ran out.

Since then  it's been slow.

As for New Years Eve, I missed it again, not really looking up at the clock until one thirty in the morning when I did suddenly remember to pause and think about it.

Roger Godpleton

That is some fascinating stuff.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

I traded in my unwanted STAR TREK VOYAGER (SEason 2 and 3 - doesn't even have Seven in it!) for

Cloverfield (great - see a bit too much at the end but didn't outstay it's welcome and had a great concept and some good scares)

SPACED Box set (great - didn't realise how little I'd actually seen of this) and

BOOM BLOX for Wii.

BOOM BLOX is great fun - really simple physics based puzzler where you throw a ball at blocks and watch them fall down.  I know that doesn't sound brilliant fun but, well, it is.  Like a realy satisfying Domino rally but you don't have to take three hours to set the dominoes back up yourself.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

Didn't get any games for Christmas itself. Went to buy Left 4 Dead the other day to find it was sold out everywhere, so I decided to get Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts instead. I traded in Sonic and Mario Olympics, so only had to pay £2 for it - bargain!

At first I was hugely disappointed with the game - I know its had mixed reviews, and initially I found the game to be unfocused, poorly designed, long-winded, confusing and frustrating. After several hours play however, I'm coming round to the opinion that it's something of a flawed masterpiece, and I'd definitely recommend it - especially if you were a fan of previous B&K games from the N64 days. I will however say that Rare really need to streamline/simplify their games and improve the presentation to make them more accessible - I've played games all my life and it took me ages to get my head around what you're actually supposed to do - God knows what a more casual player would make of it.

My tag is KissMammal, feel free to add me, might see some of you online.

I've heard Boom Blox is good, shame it sank without a trace - I'll definitely pick it up soon - there's been such a drought of worthwhile Wii games lately.

Banners

Treated myself to Dead Space on PC the other day as it seemed to ooze atmospheric sci-fi goodness and had good reviews. But it has an odd perspective going on, and its controls are just awful! Both on keyboard and mouse and with a 360 controller (and after having tried lots of tweaks to get it right) the damn thing still felt like jelly and so has been promptly put on eBay. I think I spent more time installing it than playing it! Grrr...

M@

satchmo

I just got Dead Space yesterday, it's scary.

Bouwel

I'm currently ploughing my way through BioShock after getting it for 3 squid during Steams New Year sale.
One of the best games I've ever played. Lovely graphics, sound, story and the action is just paced right for me. Feels like a world that Indigo Prime might exist in.

Very recommended.

-Bouwel-

Richmond Clements

I'm one of those people who usually wait until a game is dirt cheap before buying it- so I've recently got a copy of The Club, which is great brainless fun.

Devons Daddy

we only get the A list stuff on release, after that we go the  six months later and half the price for games we like .

currently enjoying rainbox six las vegas, (but COD4 is better an A list purchase but worth the dollars)
and midnight club a racing game which has us both screaming with pleasure.
bought scene it for a handful of tens which is decent party fun. like SCREEN TEST on bbc years ago.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!