Main Menu

E3

Started by GrinningChimera, 10 June, 2014, 05:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: mimikeke on 11 June, 2014, 11:42:42 AM
a little bit of self promotion here but the game I work on, the Sims 4, was also announced at e3 :)

I'm excited for the new Uncharted game even if the trailer was nothing but a tease.

I used to really enjoy the first two Sims games. Especially the second one with it's very advanced character head/facial modification sliders. These really detailed and allowed me to put myself, relatives, friends, and celebrities into the game. Providing, I could accurately copy their likeness's. Most of the time I was spot on with a few exceptions. I got really good at doing Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith from the Matrix films. I boost did copy his face better than the artist who rendered his likeness in the official Playstation Two based on the film. I only wish I could show off the pictures and video I made. But they are stored somewhere since this done on computer that no longer works.

Anyway, I purchased a special edition copy of the third game in the series. Thinking that it would be a improvement and while it did have some great extra features. I didn't playing it for long. It's like the amount freedom I had been given with designing peoples faces had taken a few steps back in this game. There was something wrong here. The sliders wouldn't let me model their faces exact way I wanted ad I could no longer do people I knew personally as well as famous people. Despite, the addition of being able to have more control over how skinny or fat their bodies were. It just didn't make up for it and I also noticed that a lot of the clever animations had been cut dropped. There was a lot of places in this game where a noticeable gap in the transition of doing things like cooking, getting dressed, taking a shower just seemed to be missing. Even entering a vehicle, my sim would just disappear and do something like reappear in the car before they'd drive to another location. That's how I think I recall it happening since I haven't played it much and not much lately.

I'm not sure if I will buy the next installment. I might wait an see until it been put up on You-Tube and seen it reviewed properly. I have hopes that these thing will be addressed and fixed by the time they finish it and also have somehow otherwise made the game much better than it is already.

I'm going to post this on the Elite thread. It's their E3 video showing stuff I already seen in the game as well as stuff they haven't yet added. Like people walking around the grounded ship while they wait on the landing pads inside the space stations. There is plenty of other stuff the you may notice if you have a keen eye for it. Somebody mentioned that the hand of the avatar/pilot that you would notice anytime you look down using the Head-Look function can now move their hands in sync with how your controlling the game. How shall I say this, but they're hands move the control column (Joystick/Flightstick) and throttle same as yours does. I'm hoping they add animations for using the keypads and keyboard pictured your cockpit as well. I just love details like this.

Elite-Dangerous Developed Further for E3

Here is video that was made upon the release of the Premium BETA showcasing the Voice-Attack features. I 'm not sure wether this has been put in yet. I don't have it and haven't been able to find anything about it in the game I've been playing myself.

Not sure wether they are going to have this in the game or it they going to use for a short trial period only.

mimikeke

Well, if it's character creation you are into, I can tell you that this Sims is ridiculously good at copying likenesses, much much much much much better than any previous generation. 

Another great new feature is multitasking, such as talking at a bar while having a drink.  This probably sounds retarded to people who don't play the game but it's a huge new thing :)

The new build mode is also pretty awesome if you're into building complex houses.  You can copy and paste entire rooms instead of having to rebuild, and you can drop in prebuilt and prefurnished rooms into your existing house.  The roof system is also reeeally nice if you're used to the limitations of the old games.

But yeah, just wait and see as new gameplay videos come out and judge for yourself :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: mimikeke on 18 June, 2014, 11:05:09 AM
Another great new feature is multitasking, such as talking at a bar while having a drink.  This probably sounds retarded to people who don't play the game but it's a huge new thing :)

:O AT LAST

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: mimikeke on 18 June, 2014, 11:05:09 AM
Well, if it's character creation you are into, I can tell you that this Sims is ridiculously good at copying likenesses, much much much much much better than any previous generation. 

The new build mode is also pretty awesome if you're into building complex houses.  You can copy and paste entire rooms instead of having to rebuild, and you can drop in prebuilt and prefurnished rooms into your existing house.  The roof system is also reeeally nice if you're used to the limitations of the old games.

But yeah, just wait and see as new gameplay videos come out and judge for yourself :)

Multitasking...,  that and intuition are what women supposedly do better than men  ::)

ThryllSeekyr

As well as breast feeding and having babies..... :P

Here's a television show I have watching nearly every week since nearly ten years ago....

Good-Game

They finally featured some Elite-Dangerous content showing David Braben talking about the game.

Nothing really new here, except that the Beta has now been updated and they some more Star -Systems, the Orbis Space-Station and a new ship called a Hauler.

I'm installing it right now.

Although, I hadn't really gotten far in the game yet.

Concerning the Good-Game video, you can scroll down to where it says E3 Special - Part 3 and you'll have to sit through stuff about a new Battle-Field game, a new Lord of the Rings game,  a new CIV game that space-age and then it's Elite-Dangerous which comes last or you can watch the whole show which goes fro nearly a hour.

Incidently, ever since, I found the postal address of the co-host whole doesn't appear in this episode. I've been sending them some stuff via Ebay and some stuff via the Frontier Develpoments ONline store.

I go them the coffee mugs. Should be enough to go around with the other presenters. I couldn't buy for the whole crew, as I just couldn't afford that much right now. Its' my way of showing my appreciation. As I kind of feel like they're old friends after watching them on television for so long.

radiator

Recently I've been hankering to revisit GTAV's beautiful open world, and the announcement that its going to be rereleased on PS4 and Xbox One has piqued my interest. Insane I know, I mean I've already finished the game to 100%, but then it is one of my favourite games of all time. One thing about the game that irked me slightly was the jittery frame rate - a version with that fixed would be a dream.

If the next-gen versions come with some singleplayer DLC, then that would be a deal-breaker.

Very little next-gen stuff is grabbing my attention though. I'm mainly interested in stuff like Nidhogg (just announced for PS4), Transistor and the new Trials game. Looks like it might have to be PS4 for me.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 10 June, 2014, 12:42:58 PM
Yeah... cheap remastering tactics... grumble nothing new under the sun...

TAKE MY MONEY

https://twitter.com/DoubleFine/status/486918031533035520

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CRIKEY

Keef Monkey

Ooooh more options. I think I'll probably go Vita on it, although PC will give me the chance to play it on a bigger screen and it'll probably look lovely. Hmmmm.