Main Menu

Bisley / Fabry Megazine cover?

Started by ming, 23 July, 2010, 08:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Hey folks,

I just stumbled across the following piece while prowling the Comic Art Fans website...

Listed as: Judge Dredd Megazine 20th anniversary cover, pencils by Fabry, painted by Fabry and Bisley...

Ooooohhhh...

Jim_Campbell

Here's an RGB version in case anyone else's browser shows CMYK JPEGs in negative!

EDIT to add: That is quite the curiosity, though!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

That roundy chin looks a bit familiar...

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

radiator

Cool - that would be the cover to Meg 302, right?

The more muted tones of the RGB version look way better to my eyes.

JayzusB.Christ

Have to say, there's a lot more Glenn there than Biz.  So did Fabry draw it and Bisley paint it, or what?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Could it be that Bisley did the background as that Dredd looks all Fabry to my eyes?
Mind the background looks like Dean Ormston did it to me so I'm not to be listened too!

ThryllSeekyr

Thats a rarely seen collaboration.

ming

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 23 July, 2010, 11:09:13 PM
Have to say, there's a lot more Glenn there than Biz.  So did Fabry draw it and Bisley paint it, or what?

As I wrote under the image...

Listed as: Judge Dredd Megazine 20th anniversary cover, pencils by Fabry, painted by Fabry and Bisley...

;)

COMMANDO FORCES

The reflections on his helmet are superb, stop it before you start you lot  ;)

Robin Low

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 July, 2010, 06:46:05 AM
Mind the background looks like Dean Ormston did it to me so I'm not to be listened too!

That's exactly what I thought too!

Regards

Robin

Pete Wells

Maaaan, this is amazing. Gonna be a bit of a challenge getting quote for my blog for this 'un!

It very much reminds me of Greg Staples' wonderful cover of Prog 1600, one of my all time faves...

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteAs I wrote under the image...

...nope, still not with you.  You're saying Bisley drew it and Fabry did the logo?  Bisley painted it and Fabry lettered it? Fabry and Bisley drew it and Staples coloured it in? Ormston painted it then told Bisley and Fabry he'd done it?
(Sorry, I'm going now)

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Pete Wells on 24 July, 2010, 09:42:09 AM
Maaaan, this is amazing. Gonna be a bit of a challenge getting quote for my blog for this 'un!

It very much reminds me of Greg Staples' wonderful cover of Prog 1600, one of my all time faves...

Good catch there Pete - those images do look remarkably similar. Staple's Dredd appears a bit older, though, I forgot how much I liked that cover...

Dredd is definitely more Fabry, I could spot that out easily, but the backgrounds are mostly the Biz imo (of course I'm probably wrong, ha ha).

Darren Stephens

o me it looks like Fabry did the face, Biz the rest...the Shoulder pads, and background all have that strangely angled Bizley vibe. Great image though, whoever did whatever!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Pete Wells

Hmmm, this has disappeared from the CAF site, interesting...