Main Menu

Dredd vs. Alien print

Started by ming, 18 July, 2011, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Anyone know more about this?

Done by these guys, apparently:
http://www.flameboy.co.uk/illustration.html#

Anyway, one of these prints (?) popped up on eBay and although it's nice, I don't think I'd pay £40 for it.  I'm just curious as it's not an image I can remember seeing before.

Bolt-01

Interesting. I really like the pic- but I don't think I've ever seen that before...

Surely it is a copyright infringement if Rebellion don't liscence it?

ming

The website just indicates that the client for this was Fleetway; no other info given and as I said, not something I'd seen before.

CF - check yer cellar!

:)

Fatboydale

Personally i think its a good image , but £40 for a print .... i will pass ...

ming

I emailed the guy who did this, to try and find out some more info; here's the reply:

Hi David,
it was drawn for 2000AD a long time ago ( I think as a cover)but was never used. I don't know if the story ever ran to be honest. I seem to remember it had something to do with Andy Diggle who was working at 2000AD at the time. The image on Ebay is a hand coloured print. I am still trying to track down the original art. Once I do it will be auctioned on ebay.
Cheers
Steve

Not much help really; still wondering whether the print is a one-off or from a small run.  Will keep digging, anyway.

COMMANDO FORCES

Never seen it before but I have to agree with Dale £40 for a print of unknown origins, plus he's holding the movie Lawgiver and just look at those links  :o

Saying that, it does look like it could be from a tv cartoon to me, which I like!

Pete Wells

Yeah, I spotted it on ebay and really liked it. I could get a commission from Commando Forces for £40 though...

ming

Just heard from Andy Diggle and he doesn't think he's ever seen that pic before...

Hmmm.

Bolt-01

If this was created for when the Dredd/ALIEN strip ran- then I'd expect Tharg's current avatar to have more of an awareness than Dig-L. After all Dig-L had moved to writing by this point...

ming

I'll keep digging, anyway - s'got me interested.

Anyone able to put me in touch with Señor Smith, or should I just write to Tharg and er, ask him to pass it along?

:)

James Stacey

I'm sure Tharg can get a message to his latest skin puppet

Bolt-01

Ming- if you want to pass me all the details via PM I'll see that it gets to Cyber-Matt. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Molch-R gets there first (mind you- they are all at San Diego aren't they?)

ming

Heard back from Matt, er - Tharg...  A bit of a mystery this image, and unlikely to get cleared up now I suppose.

Sorry, can't help with this one. I've never seen the image before, and since I commissioned Dredd/Aliens it wasn't a cover I commissioned. Egmont may have paid for it but never used it (before my time in the Nerve Centre), but I'm not sure why they'd want it in the first place.

vzzbux

He was probably commissioned to do a cover, didn't come up to scratch, so file 13'ed.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.