Main Menu

Stupid pranks you;ve played.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 04 April, 2008, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Half prank, half social experiment.

I toild about half a dozen people at one of my places of employment that the Manging Director had "and don't tell anyone else, will you? He's got a colostomy bag."

It took about a week before I started hearing the same "fact" back from various other unrelated sources within the company.

I wouldn't do it now though - much to0 mature.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Feqbarr - nah, just an old-fashioned robotic voice.

- Trout

O Lucky Stevie!

about three weeks ago, whilst i was reading ken macleod's 'the execution channel', i received a sms from the good lady julia asking, "what's going down?"

stevie nonchantly replied with, "looks like a tactical nuke's gone off at a scottish airbase" (that's in the opening chapter)

you can imagine what her immediate response was.

funnily enough, she fell for the exactly the same gag a couple of years back when i was reading 'quantico' by greg bear
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

worldshown

Not so much stupid, but silly and gave us a laugh in the office anyway.

About four years ago, when I was working in Caerphilly, one of the boys was due to go off on holiday to Marbella and was as excitable as a 19 year old about to go on his first beer and sex holiday could be.

He discovered that one of the other blokes in the office had an A level in French and started to badger him into teaching him some French chat up lines. Why French if he's going to Marbella? Because the lad in question did Spanish in school and what if he met any French chicks?

Tired of the younger lad's nagging, the French speaker and I came up with a couple of suggestions. Je n'aime pas les femmes was rejected for sounding negative and being too hard to learn in one day. J'adore les garçons however, was an instant hit and the lad spent most of the afternoon reciting this out loud trying to learn it.

After about two hours, he realised that he hadn't asked us what it meant. "Er... it means 'I like your breasts'" we lied. Forward he thought. He liked it.

My co-conspiritor suggested he could expand his new found language skills with the addition of the word 'petit'. We were nearly rumbled when the lad knew that this meant small (he'd seen it on some clothes) but then said "But I don't like small breasts, I like big breasts". We figured that 'grand' would work equally well so taught him that.

Alas, our plans to have the foolish boy laughed at by every hot French chick in Marbella lay in tatters, as after about the 200th time he recited " J'adore les grand garçons ", our loss adjuster came into the room and asked him just why did he like big boys?

I guess you had to be there.

Keef Monkey

I did convince my girlfriend that Charlie Sheen played James Bond for just one movie, called "Worldbrush". It was about a huge laser that could flatten the forestry of the planet, and the bad guy was called Switchblade and had fans on his shoes so he could run fast underwater. I know that sounds wholly unbelievable, but I had friends to back me up and I have a knack for looking genuinely offended when people don't believe me, so they think it must be true.

Another example was when she genuinely believed there was a new Vin Deisel movie called "A Man Potato" set during a potato famine, where his girlfriend was killed over a potato and he was now taking revenge. Again, thanks to an enormous amount of detail and my brother insisting he'd seen it she bought it.

The downside is she now no longer believes ANYTHING I tell her, truth or otherwise.

Floyd-the-k

This guy played a prank on the Queensland police

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7348339.stm" target="_blank">Only in Queensland....

Peter Wolf

True story.

I shared a house here once with some musicians who were very anti establishment.They decided that when the Tories came to Brighton to have a conference not long after the 1987 bombings they would instigate a Bombscare.They called from a callbox and said that there were explosives planted in the vicinity of the Brighton centre timed to go off.I dont know the wording of the call as i wasnt there.Given that all calls in the area were being monitored as a routine precaution ,the police traced the call and where on top of them within seconds.

No escape.

They were arrested and ultimatly sent to Lewes prison for a month each.

Nothing to eat except stewed overcooked Cabbage for a month so they said.

I played no part in it except for being involved in certain conversations that took place between ourselves shortly before the event but i was surprised at their stupidity for actually making the call.I dont think they realised the stupidity of that prank .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death