Main Menu

Anyone tried Sculptris

Started by atp, 16 October, 2012, 04:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atp

Anyone tried Sculptris. It's free. I downloaded it about an hour ago, and did this quick Judge death, I know it's a bit crude but this is my first attempt and I've never used Sculptris or anything like it before.
It's available here. http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/

The freedom of choice should be compulsory

JTurner

I'll try this tonight! I've never got on with 3D packages - they're always a very 'hands off' and mechanical way of creating something, this looks like it could be a bit more intuitive and expressive.

Steve Green

It's worth a go, sculpting apps like that are a lot easier to work with than Max/Maya etc.

Zbrush is amazing - nutty interface but amazing.

They really need a wacom to get the most out of them though.

atp

Been having another go, took a bit longer but this is the result from my second attempt.
This really is an easy way to create fast images in a 3D app.

The freedom of choice should be compulsory

JTurner

I really like the plasticene look that you can get on this program (sorry - that wasn't a dig, I know you probably weren't trying to make a plasticene Judge Death), although I hope that you can remove that laminated look that the lighting gives.

I'm in the middle of making a game that I was thinking of using stills of clay models for some sprites. I think that this may be a handy alternative.

CrazyFoxMachine

I've given it a go - lots of fun! That Death kicks some arse - :D

I request Hammerstein next!

JTurner

Gave it a go yesterday using a Wacom tablet - it's quite intuitive, but it really needs a separate 3D program to properly export the models to.