Main Menu

Kingdom volume 4 - Alpha & Omega coming in February 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 29 November, 2019, 10:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Kingdom Vol. 4: Alpha and Omega - Paperback, 144 pages, 6th February 2020

"Mad Max with talking animals"

The latest collection of 2000 AD's latest breakout success from the mind of NYP bestselling SF and Warhammer author Dan Abnett!

After dragging Gene to their faltering cryogenic space station and abandoning his pack to the swarming insect "Them", the masters are how holding Gene in idyllic V.R. suspension.

Rescued before execution by an old friend, and joined by a terrorist working to undermine the master's grip on the world below, Gene forms a tenuous alliance.  The three must work together to infiltrate the master's security systems and steal the codes to their massively destructive arsenal. But Gene might not be prepared for what else he finds...

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Bolt-01

Rogue Judge

Fantastic! I recently re-read the fist three volumes and Fiefdom (more Kingdom novels please!) so Im good and ready for this volume!

levers

It's a really good strip!

I now have a dilemma of whether to buy this or wait and see if this forms part of the Hachette 2000ad extension. Although 144 pages is too short for the Hachette books.

Has Kingdom now finished as a series in 2000ad?

IndigoPrime

I don't think anyone's really sure either way. It certainly felt very much like a full stop. Whether it actually was, only Tharg and Abnett can know for sure.

Dark Jimbo

It felt to me like Abnett ending the strip, but leaving plenty of room for a continuation if he and Elson ever decide to go back to it. Pretty masterful way of doing so, too, if I might say so.

If only the Rennies and Edgintons of the world could learn the same trick!
@jamesfeistdraws

levers

Thanks, on that basis it wouldn't be enough pages to go in the Hachette extension. If memory serves everything from the first 3 Rebellion volumes was included in the Hachette books, so I won't be missing anything?!?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: levers on 05 December, 2019, 11:43:01 AM
Thanks, on that basis it wouldn't be enough pages to go in the Hachette extension. If memory serves everything from the first 3 Rebellion volumes was included in the Hachette books, so I won't be missing anything?!?

I'm sure it'll be in there; they can easily pad the book out a bit with some shorter Elson strips - say, The Scrap and Go Machine.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 December, 2019, 11:20:33 AM
I don't think anyone's really sure either way. It certainly felt very much like a full stop. Whether it actually was, only Tharg and Abnett can know for sure.

I thought it was confirmed in the letters page a while back that there would be more...

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 December, 2019, 11:32:55 AM
It felt to me like Abnett ending the strip, but leaving plenty of room for a continuation if he and Elson ever decide to go back to it. Pretty masterful way of doing so, too, if I might say so.

If only the Rennies and Edgintons of the world could learn the same trick!

Which to a degree would be a shame as it was a great ending. But as said it left space for more and greedy me wants more! Such a brilliant 2000ad strip.