Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o1s1n

Shame such great auctions have been marred by this crap.

My advise? Ignore this rubbish, bid on the items, pay when it's over. Simple as that. Fingers crossed you'll be the proud owner of some amazing props soon enough :)

Just to defend snipers (As I've been sniping now for a good 10+ years!) it does work. Bids attract more bids.

I've done many ebay experiments and watched items end with no bids - be relisted, ends again with no bids, relisted...then once someone comes along with an early bid, suddenly there are people fighting over the item.

It's like once people see someone else bidding on something, it confirms the item is worth money/desirable and the bids start.

I doubt sniping is going to have any benefit at all in high profile auctions such as these - but for your standard ebay fare (if you want a bargain) it's the way to go.

Anyway, I wouldn't belittle anyone for whichever way they chose to bid. It's their choice and their money.

Good luck with the auctions. I cant wait to see what they finish at! :)

sheldipez

Quote from: opaque on 04 February, 2013, 03:25:39 PM
If they were that bothered about making sure people were real etc they could have done an auction that required you to register first. But they didn't.
Very weird behaviour.

On top of the whole trying to charge more for VAT farce, not setting auctions up to show outside of UK, they need to take five minutes and think before they do. Winners will proabably get an email asking them to pay for their listing fees next!

LARF

LARF

They just don't know...

Dandontdare

complaining about someone bidding early is just crazy, but I can see that if someone read your early posts (and didn't know you or check your cellar link)they may have got the impression that you didn't actually intend to buy - several references to "driving the price up" and doing it "for a laugh" (but that may have been Dale who said that or someone else).

I'm not an eBay expert - What happens if someone does bid huge and then turns out to have no money - would the whole auction need to be re-run, or does it go to the next highest bid? If the former, then I can see why they'd want to weed out suspected timewasters.

Banners

I may have mentioned it before, but if they simply added a minute to the auction every time a winning bid was placed in the last minute, they could avoid this sniping crap, you'd get a price at the true value - and both buyer and seller would be happy.

Real-world auctions don't end at a specific time, I don't know why eBay has to.

Sian

Hello all,

I sincerely apologise if the community has felt slighted by us reaching out to John (Commando Forces) this morning.

We were attempting to understand concerns posed by other communities that the bidding activity (and as 'Dandontdare' just mentioned, some of the comments made here) were being construed as 'shill bidding'. We now know that this is absolutely not the case and are very happy with the result of our conversation with John, but we could not leave one community unhappy by not looking at addressing the situation. We would naturally address any concerns your members make us aware of.

Please understand no accusations were meant and we are working to keep hundreds of bidders from all walks of collecting happy and content as the on-line event progresses, including those new to ebay and thus hindered by their status as "zero feedback bidders".

We really want to ensure everyone has an excellent bidding experience with us and in no way wish for the members of 2000AD to view the auction or the team here with a negative attitude.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on sian@propstore.com if you have any questions or wish to discuss anything about the auction, I'm happy to help and resolve any matters you wish to bring to Prop Store's attention.

Very best, and happy bidding!

Sian

COMMANDO FORCES

As Sian will have seen I'm not having a go at the Prop Store but the people complaining because the bidding isn't falling into line along the way they want it to!

I presume Sian is the the lady who spoke to me and I did say she was extremely polite and listened to me when I pointed out a few facts about what I collect.

Anyway enough of all that, the end for the first wave happens tonight, so good luck everyone on here who is going for something, be it large or small!

Remember though, as the first wave ends wave six begins, the torture is horrendous :o

opaque

Steven Sterlacchini

Very professional.  :)

Trout

Looks like we've got her right where we want her. Mwa... haaaa... haaaaa...

I AM JOKING! HERE IS A WINKY MAN TO PROVE IT:  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

Judge Dredd Complete Costume & Utility Belt (with Stunt Double components) - 001 has gone for £16,869

Glenn Broadway

Wow, I thought it would be around £25K... I was prepared to spend about £10K. So glad, I didn't get it though! My marriage would have been over.

Glenn Broadway

So, did it go to Commando Forces or not?

COMMANDO FORCES

Not me but I should've went higher on the Janus uniform but it's a background item as it went for a pittance!

Original Judge Janus Costume & Utility Belt - 013 for £3,200