Main Menu

STARBLAZER

Started by ARRISARRIS, 06 January, 2004, 08:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

Im currantly trying to collect a complete run of STARBLAZER magazine, i was wondering if anyone can give me any details about said title????

Trout

Superherostore.com was posting t'other day that he's got a half-price sale on them.

Go to any of his posts and you'll get the link.

- Trout

stront692

im still looking for an issue by issue artist creator rundown,

there was one in an early issue of COMIC WORLD from 1992 sometime (anybody got any copies of these, i used to love them - major interviews with only uk creators and stuff great)

dont know of any other sources and no one could help last time i asked

what do u want to know

starscape

That's superherostore.co.uk not .com

Some of the later issues had the complete rundown of the Starblazer creators. Unfortunately, I don't have those issues left.

Link: http://www.superherostore.co.uk" target="_blank">Superhero Store Sale

stront692

i have the last issue, it doesnt give a full rundown - it just sorta has this brief over view

and it doesnt tell ya which issues the creators were in - u just have to ... well kinda guess :-(

esoteric ed

Do you mean the small format DC Thompson publication from yesteryear? I found the first  15 issues here a while back during a clearout starting at Number 1, I'd forgotten I had them.

Ed

ARRISARRIS

Is it hust me or are they absolutely great. A forgotten jem from a by-gone age, i also new they half existed until a couple of months ago. Now im slowly putting a collection together. I am right in thinking there was only 281 issues???

stront692

only???

yes there are 281 issues, then towards the end they seem to have run out of artists more than anything with some of the later being very cobbled together (although the scripting is excellent and several characters become regulars)

esoteric ed

I didn't know there was so many :-0, I must have stopped after the first dozen or so.

Ed

stront692

i have never liked future shocks but here each story is a bit like a long drawn future shock early on in the run

they develop in to standalone black and white 68 page epics that would make good graphic novels

excellent

ARRISARRIS

Yeah, i love the space soap opera feel to all the stories, a jem of a D. C. THOMSON title.

esoteric ed

Are they worth much?

:-p

Ed

stront692

many of the creators are actually future shock regulars too, there are 5 issues written by alan moore i think 105 is one of them

the mikal r kayn stories are scrpted by alan grant and the first story was by alcatena (alcatens first uk work was in starblazer before toxic and then breaking into the usa)

theres lots of little gems in there

stront692

i beenpaying about ?3 each for the later issues which are the harder to find, the earlier are quite common and go for ?1 to ?3

(but it always comes down to value doesnt it)

stront692

i have a feeling that somebody did a number on me though slightly as they were listing them in batches of 4 where i didnt need them all, now that im selling my doubles - the same people i bought mine of are selling their copies at 50p each (so i think there are lots of the early issues)