Main Menu

Prog 1885 Aliens! You Want Earth?

Started by Mattofthespurs, 07 June, 2014, 02:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 June, 2014, 08:08:28 AM
A very strong run continues unmolested this week. Will need to give it a reread, but I feel that this has been one of the better 3Rillers. Dialling down the tits slightly has done wonders for Currie's art.

The Grey Area godhead reminded me of the Makarov dynasty's Faberge inspired Imperial Palace.

Indigo Prime has been fantastic so far. Anyone know how long it has to run? Herr Schröder's suggested destination takes us full circle in this story so it can only be 1 or 2 more episodes?
Quote from: sauchie gun club on 12 June, 2014, 10:49:12 PM
My money's on .... Clue's in the name of the strip.
This pretty much coincides with my suspicions so far.
Quote from: sauchie gun club on 12 June, 2014, 10:49:12 PMI predict the solution will be LOVE, as in The Fifth Element, and as all stories should end.
Didn't they rip that off from Grant Morrison?
So you're saying Alan Moore wrote it?
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 June, 2014, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 13 June, 2014, 08:08:28 AM
A very strong run continues unmolested this week. Will need to give it a reread, but I feel that this has been one of the better 3Rillers. Dialling down the tits slightly has done wonders for Currie's art.

The Grey Area godhead reminded me of the Makarov dynasty's Faberge inspired Imperial Palace.

Indigo Prime has been fantastic so far. Anyone know how long it has to run? Herr Schröder's suggested destination takes us full circle in this story so it can only be 1 or 2 more episodes?
Quote from: sauchie gun club on 12 June, 2014, 10:49:12 PM
My money's on .... Clue's in the name of the strip.
This pretty much coincides with my suspicions so far.
Quote from: sauchie gun club on 12 June, 2014, 10:49:12 PMI predict the solution will be LOVE, as in The Fifth Element, and as all stories should end.
Didn't they rip that off from Grant Morrison?
So you're saying Alan Moore wrote it?

I think you mean Harlan Ellison.

ZenArcade

Finally had a chance to peruse the entire prog,

Cover: as commented upon earlier, a damn good vibrant piece of art.

Dredd: as commented upon earlier: the damp cold feeling down my back that a good start may be about to be pissed into the sand....say it aint so Mike. Art: loving it.

Grey area: good prog filler, no more; no less.

Slaine McRoth: big smiles all around....art heaven!

3rillers: not bad.

Indigo Prime: story 10/10 - Art: 8/10. I am in bliss. The first John Smith story I've read in real time in 19 years. It's as if it was a week.

All in all not up there with the last few progs; that's probably down to my Dredd concerns, personal opinion but hate psi/monster stuff in Dredd. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead