Main Menu

Pass it on

Started by amberkraken, 08 September, 2009, 08:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberkraken

I was looking at some people work on here and thought; "I wonder what'so-n-so's art would look like coloured by 'thingy'". I wont put who, as art is very personal, and I don't want them to think that I am dissing their colouring skills or another members drawing skills, so rather than tell them to mess with others artwork I thought I'd start a new thread where someone uploads a sketch, another member inks it, then another colours it. You can still ink and colour yourself, and we'll get to see how many and how different the finished pictures are.

Emperor

Interesting idea - the impact of inking came up in the thread were we touched on the different inkers who worked with Jack Kirby (and things got a little heated ;) ). I also was interested to see how different people colour art and that ball was rolling in this thread (thanks to that nice Mr Holden), although there weren't many takers. Folding these together into one challenge could be very interesting if people are up for it.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

mygrimmbrother

I officially endorse this idea.

Kev Levell

I'd welcome anyone having a crack with my Sláine sketch!

here's a link to a larger image

Richmond Clements

Great idead!

Somebody ink that and I'll take a bash at colouring.

amberkraken

I've never inked someone elses work before. Not too happy with it, but if you wanna colour this, do.

Richmond Clements

Cool- that's the ideal thing to distract me from the writing I should be doing this weekend!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Though this is unrelated to the lovely lineart work above I found this from David Lloyds website. David famously illustrated 'V for Vendetta'and I'm sure someone on the forums might find this of use.

www.cartoonclassroom.co.uk
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dog Deever

Seeing as the ball is rolling on the first one- here's one I did for a recent art comp which I didn't get the chance to finish and set up as an alternative front cover.

Here is the original cover:

Someone else might as well have a go as it's just lying around my hard drive doing nothing...
If someone wants to do it and would prefer a TIF, pm me with your email address and I'll attach it to an email and send it.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

SuperSurfer

Couldn't resist inking your fine Slaine 'n' Ukko pencils, KevLev. First time I have tried embellishing (I love that word) someone else's art.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 12 September, 2009, 10:55:03 PM
Couldn't resist inking your fine Slaine 'n' Ukko pencils, KevLev. First time I have tried embellishing (I love that word) someone else's art.

Tharg! Hire these droids!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Odd_Bloke

SuperSurfer, that is awesome.

Kev Levell

Lovely inks there Supersurfer!... all we need now is someone to colour it!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: KevLev on 14 September, 2009, 11:17:45 AM
Lovely inks there Supersurfer!... all we need now is someone to colour it!

I know! I know!

SuperSurfer

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Glad to read on your blog Kev that you had some good feedback from Pat Mills.