Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Great!  Do you want to say anything here about the Scream/Misty Halloween special (all new material)?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

...or I could wake up to the fact there's an existing thread about it: Scream/Misty special
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Richard

Forgot that had already been posted!

EDazzling

Do we know if that will be all of Doomsday?

glassstanley

Quote from: EDazzling on 05 August, 2017, 01:48:01 PM
Do we know if that will be all of Doomsday?

Assuming the cover is correct then yes. The Hamlin reprint included an ep from 1167 about the cover up of Volt's death. That'll be at the start of the next volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hippynumber1

IndigoPrime

Perhaps the next volume is about to start in the Prog? If not, yeah, that's an odd one.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 August, 2017, 02:20:03 PM
Perhaps the next volume is about to start in the Prog? If not, yeah, that's an odd one.

Yeah hope that means good news for Helium rather than its being consigned to Thrills that won't be returned to? Maybe both creators have too much on to commit to it so its been boxed off and cast aside? Real shame if so.

That aside Sinister Dexter back in the Prog makes me happy. Some nice stuff going on BUT I see John Smith's name has gone from Indigo Prime... not good.

Frank

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 August, 2017, 09:17:54 PM
[I see John Smith's name has gone from Indigo Prime...

Smith says the first two episodes are all his work.

The Adventurer

I hope that's an editing mistake and not the start of a Smith/Rebellion row over Devil Waugh coming back without him.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Frank

Smith's posting on social media doesn't suggest there's continuing animosity.

Nobody can be sure exactly what happened, but (from outside) the problem appeared to stem from the controversial subject matter of the three episodes of Indigo Prime Smith completed.

While everyone understands that Tharg is entitled to do whatever he likes with the properties published in 2000ad, hopefully he and the author can agree to shed light on however much of the background to this as both parties feel comfortable with, to forestall the inevitable speculation.

The Adventurer

i guess I'm a bit confused, what chapters of Indigo Prime are we talking about? I see its not returned to the Prog yet, so what Credits are his name not attached too?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

Yeah, a careful explanation of the situation now could save a lot of trouble later. As it stands, I have no interest in reading non-Smith Indigo Prime, so it's already struggling uphill before it starts. And that's not any reflection on the new writer, I'd have no interest if Alan Moore himself took the gig: a huge part of the appeal of IP right from the Foundation & Basalt strip  has always been trying to understand the way the organisation and its multiverse works, something that appeared to exist in some shifting kaleidoscopic fashion in John's mind: or at least that was the illusion created. That puzzle in someone else's mind doesn't interest me.