Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Yeah, sorry Mikey, I'm pushing it with the rules of the board. Apologies folks. Except vociferous masturbaters of the delusive ill-informed, half- formed, half understood kind. Can there be a comic forum with room for such inept badly thought out transcripts anywhere on the planet? Besides the John Byrnes one? Without it looking a bit stupid?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

O Lucky Stevie!

So you remain unconvinced by Von Neumann machines Krom?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack

Quote from: Krombasher on 17 June, 2011, 07:37:55 AM
He really grinds my pulsating Dick.

I didn't know the new-look forum was that kind of place, but if this is what it takes to get Roger back, I guess it's time to start shipping KromWolf.

Hoagy

Roger is here, like the breath of the great dragon, Tordleneck.

And the only thing I want to know about Von Neumenn, Stevie is whether or not its twinned with a town I've encountered or sings in a new wave electro band.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Mikey

Quote from: Krombasher on 17 June, 2011, 08:28:40 AM
Yeah, sorry Mikey, I'm pushing it with the rules of the board. Apologies folks.

I don't think you need to apologise, not to me anyway - over the 8 or so years I've been here, there's been much worse said by a lot of people. You're just expressing your opinion after all, which, if I read it correctly and to paraphrase Bill Rawles of Baltimore PD, what you see is two people "fucking a dog."

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Hoagy

I'm sorry Peter, for calling you a dick.

What I should do is thank you. I almost became someone like you.  One of the worst manifestations of self righteous  blinkered thuggery wrapped up in pseudo-intellectualism, not even interested in the comic, only when it suited my purposes to keep me on a message board to continue with my slow advance of changing peoples minds to accepting my opinion. Something to do with turning my gaze on my own self loathing in there too, but the key thing is Petey, you define what it is for me to avoid becoming. So pray dear boy, carry on. I'll be watching. And you know I don't react to your absurdities every time. I'm just up to here with your blatant autistic approach to world problems, that its gotten to a point where your "opinions" have leaked in from another board! It made me feel cheap! You 're compulsive in your "opinions"!

Right. I think that is all I'll say on the matter. Peter can reply all he likes, the situation will still be as above. I'm sure he'll enjoy the "any publicity is good publicity" he now has gained from his manifesto. But be sure. this is my last word on the matter. I'll probably put him back on ignore sooner rather than later.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Richmond Clements

The Legendary Shark

"Thanks Mandy. It's going to be a rough day in Missouri as the CIA controlled HAARP rays cause toxic rain and hot wind to push up from the Gulf..."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Much as I am in hushed awe of Krom's unparalleled Level 36 smackdown skillz (a savaging so elegant that the recipient can only be flattered, as if thrust into the role of the blushing subject of a petrarchan sonnet), I would note that this is a thread created by TLS for the showcasing of various looneytoons ideas without derailing other threads (no offence, Shark), and thus should be considered as segregated from General Population - a sort of nonce-wing for conspiracy theorists those who question received orthodoxies.  If Peter is going to engage in inter-forum conflict with fellow nutters, this is the place to do it.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Krombasher on 17 June, 2011, 11:12:07 AM
I'm sorry Peter, for calling you a dick.

What I should do is thank you. I almost became someone like you.  One of the worst manifestations of self righteous  blinkered thuggery wrapped up in pseudo-intellectualism, not even interested in the comic, only when it suited my purposes to keep me on a message board to continue with my slow advance of changing peoples minds to accepting my opinion. Something to do with turning my gaze on my own self loathing in there too, but the key thing is Petey, you define what it is for me to avoid becoming. So pray dear boy, carry on. I'll be watching. And you know I don't react to your absurdities every time. I'm just up to here with your blatant autistic approach to world problems, that its gotten to a point where your "opinions" have leaked in from another board! It made me feel cheap! You 're compulsive in your "opinions"!

Right. I think that is all I'll say on the matter. Peter can reply all he likes, the situation will still be as above. I'm sure he'll enjoy the "any publicity is good publicity" he now has gained from his manifesto. But be sure. this is my last word on the matter. I'll probably put him back on ignore sooner rather than later.

Sure enough i could attack you for typing that comment but i am not that interested as i have been through this before with you as you have had an axe to grind for a long time.I dont understand you and i never will and you come across to me as slightly odd which is why i dont normally reply to you and you admit that its the same for yourself.

Do what you want to do as i dont know why you think i am interested in your personal baggage.

One point you do make is a valid criticism in that i dont talk about the comic enough here while i talk about another subject too much for your liking and it is compulsive as there is no denying it but to suggest that i use this place purely to push my opinions on others is just pain wro9ng and that stems from your long term dislike of myself that is ongoing.I dont talk about the comic very much and my passion for comics or this comic is refelected in the fact that i spend a lot of my time at present quietly improving my artwork and inking which i dont talk about much or publicise here.

First you say "I'll be watching" and then you say you will be ignoring so you need to make your mind up but if you choose not to ignore then i dont want to hear your complaints as you have the choice and unless you can deal with it in an adult fashion instead of your juvenile namecalling ignoring is the best option for you and that being the ignore function since you dont seem to able to  ignore without the ignore function.

Look at the name of thread for a clue.I dont like the Unicorn thread as i find it annoying so what is the point in me visiting that thread and then complaining that it is full of Unicorns ?

I dont like hitting my finger with a hammer so i dont keep doing it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

This is an emotive thread that is bound to cause friction due to its very nature. For example, I think I upset Rich earlier on - this was not my intent but I'm not going to apologise for it. We all have our opinions and beliefs which we are protective of and to have someone question those opinions and beliefs causes knee-jerk anger. This can't be helped.

Let's just say that what happens on the "Truth?" thread stays on the "Truth?" thread. If we can't play nice like sensible adults with differences of opinion then we might as well ask the mods to lock this thread right now. I personally don't want that to happen as I enjoy talking about this stuff.

I now return you to your regular bitching... :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richmond Clements

QuoteFor example, I think I upset Rich earlier on - this was not my intent but I'm not going to apologise for it.

Nah- I'm not upset! I will admit to being frustrated, but it's only an interweb conversation, after all!

M.I.K.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 June, 2011, 01:36:19 PM
We all have our opinions and beliefs which we are protective of and to have someone question those opinions and beliefs causes knee-jerk anger.

I've noticed folk only tend to get really angry if the conflicting belief is something which they think may be detrimental to other people, especially if their own opinion is completely ignored.

This is the case whether they believe homeopathy is a load of guff, (which it is), or they believe the planet's being controlled by evil space lizards like out of V, (which it probably isn't).

Mikey

Let's see...I can confirm I haven't been drinking and I'm not posting from my phone,so...

Homeopathy is probably bollocks. Avogadro's constant tells me so.

Notice I don't say 'might be' as that would imply that there's a 50% chance it might not be bollocks. Holding that the only way to quantify the effective use of any substance as medicine is to identify it's active chemical components and their effect on living organisms or their pathogens, it's probably bollocks.  I think the real issue raised is about multinationals again, not medical science in any real sense.

And the comments made about scientists just go where the money is and are dictated to by accountants - that's a rather convenient view to hold if you don't want to trust what you see as part of the establishment, which is how I feel a lot of people view yer actual scientists. I could pretty much guarantee that the vast majority of scientists of the world are not earning big money and do not work for multinational corporations. Industry may fund research, but there's a difference between the grey literature produced by such companies themselves and peer reviewed research articles in quality journals, even if produced by industry scientists. Research must stand on it's own merit. This may be seen as a quixotic view, but that's what's always there in the background. Peer review has it's own pitfalls, but that's another topic altogether...

(Plus I'm stealing that 'science fan' comment TLS!)

Does that help steer it back on topic? It's even a bit necro posty! Just doing my bit... :D

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]