Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Krombasher on 17 June, 2011, 07:37:55 AM
What infuriates me is these two jerks thinking 2000ad forum is just another vessel for their useless opinions.

O Lucky Stevie! and I are awfully sorry :(
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

This thread isnt named what it is for nothing.

One musnt make simplistic generalisations about Science and the pharmaceutical industry that are based on your own prejudices against certain sections of the scientific/pharmaceutical community and industry.

There should be a Twat thread where anyone can act like a Twat or an idiot as much as they like and reply to others comments with cliched pejorative comments and statements.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Something Fishy

ooo. I popped in here for a quick look and it's all a bit dark.

Would it help if I were to suggest big hugs all round?

I'll back out anyway, your fishy friend was never one for confrontation.

The Legendary Shark

Well, this thread was started by a shark...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

Hmmph. A comment has disappeared and now my previous comment makes less sense.

It's a flippin' conspiracy, that's what it is!

Something Fishy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 June, 2011, 06:31:33 PM
Well, this thread was started by a shark...

gulp. i never do too well around them.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 June, 2011, 01:10:28 PM
I dont like the Unicorn thread as i find it annoying so what is the point in me visiting that thread and then complaining that it is full of Unicorns ?

Dude...I used to think you were cool...but..but..you don't like unicorns?

What kind of a monster are you? ;)
You may quote me on that.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Peter Wolf

Quote from: pops1983 on 18 June, 2011, 04:32:09 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 June, 2011, 01:10:28 PM
I dont like the Unicorn thread as i find it annoying so what is the point in me visiting that thread and then complaining that it is full of Unicorns ?

Dude...I used to think you were cool...but..but..you don't like unicorns?

What kind of a monster are you? ;)

The kind that doesnt like Unicorns.Stupid things with those stupid horns sticking out their heads.They dont seem to do anything other than hang around next to rainbows and waterfalls.

Unicornist.

Mikey

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 June, 2011, 05:47:43 PM

One musnt make simplistic generalisations about Science and the pharmaceutical industry that are based on your own prejudices against certain sections of the scientific/pharmaceutical community and industry.

There should be a Twat thread where anyone can act like a Twat or an idiot as much as they like and reply to others comments with cliched pejorative comments and statements.

Who you calling a twat?!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

SmallBlueThing

Fucking hell, peter, you don't like unicorns?! right, that's it- not only am i now going to mass-market reprint meltdown man in colour, and with rewritten 'street' dialogue, but im going to have to insist on unicorns being added to the backgrounds throughout. The associated rainbows and waterfalls they frollic around with be nice and colourful and complement the hues of their big dewy eyes and long lashes. I'll have it ready for london in july.
SBT

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mikey on 19 June, 2011, 11:40:02 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 June, 2011, 05:47:43 PM

Who you calling a twat?!

M.

Where did i call you a twat ??

Can you quote exactly where i stated that you are a twat anywhere in this thread ?

I didnt think so and really i will just have to put you back on ignore for that.  ;)

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 June, 2011, 03:52:24 PM
Fucking hell, peter, you don't like unicorns?! right, that's it- not only am i now going to mass-market reprint meltdown man in colour, and with rewritten 'street' dialogue, but im going to have to insist on unicorns being added to the backgrounds throughout. The associated rainbows and waterfalls they frollic around with be nice and colourful and complement the hues of their big dewy eyes and long lashes. I'll have it ready for london in july.
SBT

I really really like unicorns and i wasnt being serious before.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Emperor on 17 June, 2011, 03:04:24 PM

You may be Emperor but Stevie certainly isn't. If peeps want to hide under the sink clutching their adzes when the Starchild comes a-knocking then that's their loss.

Quote from: Emperor on 17 June, 2011, 05:03:55 AM
So you could probably work out a rough timeline that'd parallel that of MC1 -  you'd be looking at say the early to mid-2020s (possibly earlier) for some kind of permanent settlement off planet, probably driven by environmental problems on Earth and dwindling resources (the Helium 3 on the Moon becomes vital as do things like space-based solar arrays). You'd presumably build mass drivers on the Moon and in orbit to shunt people and cargo around, so you could use them to fire out probes and then miners into the asteroid belt, where they'd build them to send material back. This would then be in full-swing by the time MC2 and Texas City start to get built in the later 2030s/early 2040s. The money raised would help fund more ambitious missions to other stars. Then you have the Atomic war in 2070...

Blimey, so that was Bad Bob's game then eh?  Not content with nuking the opposition to merely rule a despoiled planet of diminishing resources he hoped to to gain a monoploy of the very heavens in the upshot?

Are you proud of yourself now Mr Pournelle?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 20 June, 2011, 07:40:58 AM
Quote from: Emperor on 17 June, 2011, 03:04:24 PM

You may be Emperor but Stevie certainly isn't. If peeps want to hide under the sink clutching their adzes when the Starchild comes a-knocking then that's their loss.

Quote from: Emperor on 17 June, 2011, 05:03:55 AM
So you could probably work out a rough timeline that'd parallel that of MC1 -  you'd be looking at say the early to mid-2020s (possibly earlier) for some kind of permanent settlement off planet, probably driven by environmental problems on Earth and dwindling resources (the Helium 3 on the Moon becomes vital as do things like space-based solar arrays). You'd presumably build mass drivers on the Moon and in orbit to shunt people and cargo around, so you could use them to fire out probes and then miners into the asteroid belt, where they'd build them to send material back. This would then be in full-swing by the time MC2 and Texas City start to get built in the later 2030s/early 2040s. The money raised would help fund more ambitious missions to other stars. Then you have the Atomic war in 2070...

Blimey, so that was Bad Bob's game then eh?  Not content with nuking the opposition to merely rule a despoiled planet of diminishing resources he had hoped to to gain a monoploy of the very heavens in the upshot?

Are you proud of yourself now Mr Pournelle?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"