Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

So, now it wasn't 22 SEALs who were killed, it was 17 and some dog handlers. This is probably just a case of the US Military not knowing where all its elite troops are due to, er, the fog of war, maybe? But don't worry, the bad guys who did this (also known as Taliban or "witnesses") have all been killed. Hurrah for the Good Guys!

Pentagon Changes It's Story on death of SEAL Team 6, Number of SEALs Killed Changes From 22 To 17 (YouTube, 2:32)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

Hate to spoil it for you Shark but most of my counter terrorism insertions happened from inside a Chinook. Slow and cumbersome, especially when a long range fuel tank is taking up over a third of the hold.
It's a good job other sneaky things happen before we used to get anywhere near the target but that's the type of story I leave for the convention evenings  ;)

Lets just say, there would be no-one alive on deck when we got near the target (I was marine counter terrorism).

The Legendary Shark

I know you know what you're talking about, CF - but if your CO could choose between a cutting-edge stealth chopper and and an old Chinook, which one would be chosen for an attack mission?

Also, tagging the names of clandestinely KIA troops to subsequent air accidents or training accidents is an old trick. It was used extensively by the Russians in Afghanistan and the Americans in Vietnam before war had been officially declared. I don't know if that's what happened here but given all the mystery and confusion surrounding SEAL Team 6's supposed location and murder of Osama bin Laden, let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't know how large these stealth choppers are and what the payload is but the more choppers inserting into the type of extremely small combat zone, like a ship/oilrig the more accidents that can happen.
Are you sure that these are not just attack choppers?

Best we ask LoD to steal one and get back to us!

The Legendary Shark

Probably a modified UH-60 Blackhawk like the one that crashed in Abbottabad:
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hoagy

\Okay the cops backed off good and proper while the kids got a false sense of courage. The shadowy adults work with the cops to push the kids in the right direction. Boost their moral so to speak. The MPs and PM conveniently go on holiday. Let the problem take shape go in nice and late and clamp down hard . Another section of society under the iron fist and directing public anger away from the real pernicious manipulators.

The cops even vie for their cuts to be lessened while they get a little marshal law going on. Pushing and pulling.

How's that for truth?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

House of Usher

Believable. That's pretty much Stuart Hall's 1978 Marxist thesis 'Policing the Crisis.'
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

Bloody yes. And something from oor Mr Watts;

‎"Free flow of information can be used for good. But it can also be used for ill. So we are working with the Police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality. I have also asked the police if they need any other new powers."

You know when you get that feeling?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

M.I.K.

Quote from: House of Usher on 11 August, 2011, 08:32:16 PM
Believable. That's pretty much Stuart Hall's 1978 Marxist thesis 'Policing the Crisis.'

I knew there was more to It's A Knockout than first met the eye...

JOE SOAP

A trial run for bigger things and more social unrest to come.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Absolutely brilliant!  'Course much later on Enterprise's third season had an official stab at 9/11 too...  That one was engineered by [spoiler] blokes from the future[/spoiler].

The Legendary Shark

Speaking of engineered events, Project Bluebeam (a faked alien threat to the Earth designed to legitimize a security-focussed global government/economy/security force) seems to be causing ripples again: Michio Kaku and Paul Krugman agree, we need the aliens to save the world. (The first little vid on that page is quite amusing.)

First I find that Star Trek video and now this... Strange how themed my surfing gets, sometimes.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Quote from: Something Fishy on 02 August, 2011, 06:13:44 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 August, 2011, 09:16:37 PM
Of course, in the end the decision is yours - but here's an idea: You don't seem to be in imminent danger of keeling over just yet, so why not give the dietary options suggested in that pdf a six month trial before going straight into potentially debilitating drugs?

That's true.  I had a good read.  Must say most of those changes were changes i made years ago and iw as very strict leading up to the test and did a fasting test.

I could wait a few more weeks but i suspect i'm going to need them.  of course the cholesterol might just be masking something worse but i'm not going to know what and it's then potentially causing harm itself.

Coming to this a little late but I'd recommend not to alter your taking of important medication without speaking to your doctor, especially not on the basis of a site that is trying to flog a book to you. Of course, you should also report any side effects to them asap.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

COMMANDO FORCES

I just cross referenced that against a chinook and I think I'll stick with the chinook.

UH-60 - Speed 183 mph max (never exceed 222 mph) - troop load 14
Chinook - Speed 196 mph max - troop load 33-55

In fact looking at all the stats, the chinook comes out on top including range and rate of climb. I'm presuming the max speed for the UH-60 is when it's descending in to an attack, don't want to fall apart now do we!

With reference to the armaments of both, you have to remember that other items are deployed during the mission to negate any hostile fire, hopefully.