Main Menu

Munce is here

Started by Magnetica, 19 March, 2019, 07:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Just heard a piece on the radio about growing plant based meat in a lab.

Trooper McFad

I tell you reading 2000AD is like reading a modern Nostradamus- in a 1000 years (if any human life is left) they will look back to these "Dark Ages" and say The almighty Tharg was a wise man and he fore told of things to come 😄
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

Some really interesting things are happening in this field. Meatless burgers have been around for a while, but were mostly hideous abominations. The current stuff is reportedly hard to distinguish from the real thing, and is heading mainstream. The issues now will be additives and industrial processes more than anything. (One of these not-burgers I really want to try wouldn't be something I could eat, due to added – and probably unnecessary flavourings.) But we do need to cut back on meat production, as it's a big reason we'll otherwise be pretty much fucked in a few decades from now.

PsychoGoatee

The "Impossible Burger" is pretty good, I've had that a couple times. And yes indeed Tharg always knows.

Trooper McFad

Before someone picks me up it should read that Tharg is a wise Quaxxann not a man. I hope the Almighty one can forgive me for this slip up. I am only a man😔
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

Yes it was the Impossible Burger they were talking about. They didn't guess right when they took the "Pepsi Challenge" on it.

Now I am a confirmed carnivore (or "meatarian" as like to call it) but I was looking at a book on going Vegan yesterday and it said you should do whatever you are comfortable with, but it's better to stop looking for meat substitutes and view food differently.

Fungus

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 19 March, 2019, 11:09:12 AM
Before someone picks me up it should read that Tharg is a wise Quaxxann not a man. I hope the Almighty one can forgive me for this slip up. I am only a man😔

Just a matter of time before that was picked up  :)

You are whatever you identify as (apparently). A Green Editor, then.

radiator

I've tried the Impossible Burger and the Beyond Meat burger (and sausage).

They are tasty, but I'm amazed that anyone would actually mistake them for real meat.

Tjm86

Quote from: radiator on 19 March, 2019, 03:49:24 PM
.... I'm amazed that anyone would actually mistake them for real meat.

Yet millions of McDonalds customers every day ...

JayzusB.Christ

I want a sausage tree in my garden asap. I don't have a garden, but I want the treemeat.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I had a bacon tree once but I was too scared to go near it in case it was a ham bush...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]