Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quotesome of the covers are slightly damaged (ie a corner is bumped, or there's a knock to one of the edges
A bunch of mine are like that anyway, from Hachette.

Tombo

Has it been confirmed that Red Seas isn't been reprinted.  By my reckoning there are still 7 or 8 volumes with unconfirmed content so the whole series could easily be squeezed in.  I known none of the cast appear on the spine but neither do anyone from Meltdown Man, Hewligan's Haircut, or Sooner or Later. 

bernardsfingers

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 September, 2017, 08:55:19 PM
Quotesome of the covers are slightly damaged (ie a corner is bumped, or there's a knock to one of the edges
A bunch of mine are like that anyway, from Hachette.
That's a bummer, & I guess the same thing will happen with the 2000AD Collection. Saying that, I'm not too fussed about the condition (especially if it makes a difference to the price) as my 20 month old son likes running round the house pulling my books off the shelves with his hands covered in porridge so no point worrying too much.

A.Cow

Quote from: Tomwe on 07 September, 2017, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: Arkady on 07 September, 2017, 10:23:24 AM
Seems to have been confirmed that Issue 2 has slipped to the 13th - no explanation as to why. Wanting to keep Issue 1 on the shelves for longer? Have they given more away by subscription than expected and are short of shelf stock?
Yes had that feedback on FB, god knows the reasoning. No other series has had issue one out for three weeks.

I'd scoured a few newsagents looking for issue 2 and saw at least a dozen unsold issue 1s.

The cynic in me suspects that Slaine has proven to be an unpopular choice as a launch title, and distributors are trying to maximise sales before replacing it with Halo Jones (which will undoubtedly fly off the shelves -- even at the higher price point).

JaHawkDroid

I've had less comic-inclined friends who saw this as an opportunity to get into this sci-fi anthology, who were confused that a sci-fi Partworks launched with a fantasy book. To each their own I guess.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Tombo on 07 September, 2017, 09:56:33 PM
Has it been confirmed that Red Seas isn't been reprinted.  By my reckoning there are still 7 or 8 volumes with unconfirmed content so the whole series could easily be squeezed in.  I known none of the cast appear on the spine but neither do anyone from Meltdown Man, Hewligan's Haircut, or Sooner or Later.

I'm fairly sure Red Seas was answered in the negative on the Facebook page. I don't think Kingdom was known about before earlier this week, there'll be two volumes of Ace Trucking and some Robo-Hunter so will those make up the numbers?

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 08 September, 2017, 08:05:52 AM
Quote from: Tombo on 07 September, 2017, 09:56:33 PM

I'm fairly sure Red Seas was answered in the negative on the Facebook page. I don't think Kingdom was known about before earlier this week, there'll be two volumes of Ace Trucking and some Robo-Hunter so will those make up the numbers?

Gene the Hackman is on the spine so was always going to be included.

karlos

I know it's been shot down by you guys (who, let's face it, know more than I do), but I can't shake the feeling Zenith might be part of the first 80.

Has anyone asked Tharg on FB?

(I would, but I'm not on it!)

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: A.Cow on 08 September, 2017, 01:27:13 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 07 September, 2017, 10:27:32 AM
Quote from: Arkady on 07 September, 2017, 10:23:24 AM
Seems to have been confirmed that Issue 2 has slipped to the 13th - no explanation as to why. Wanting to keep Issue 1 on the shelves for longer? Have they given more away by subscription than expected and are short of shelf stock?
Yes had that feedback on FB, god knows the reasoning. No other series has had issue one out for three weeks.

I'd scoured a few newsagents looking for issue 2 and saw at least a dozen unsold issue 1s.

The cynic in me suspects that Slaine has proven to be an unpopular choice as a launch title, and distributors are trying to maximise sales before replacing it with Halo Jones (which will undoubtedly fly off the shelves -- even at the higher price point).

My local newsie initially got 5 copies in (it's a relatively small shop in a small town) and sold out and has got another 5 in, only one of which has sold.

IndigoPrime

By my count now, 72 books are confirmed, and at least a further four (possibly five) are definite as well:

CONFIRMED
ABC Warriors: 6
Ace Trucking: 2
Ampney Crucis: 1
Bad Company: 2
Caballistics: 2
Future Shocks: 2
Halo Jones: 1
Hewligan/Sooner: 1
Judge Dredd: 3
Meltdown Man: 1
Nemesis: 4
Nikolai Dante: 9
Rogue Trooper: 5
Shakara: 2
Sláine: 13
Skizz/DR & Qunich: 1
Savage/Invasion!: 4
Sinister Dexter: 3
Strontium Dog: 10

NUMBERS UNKNOWN
Durham Red ??: 1
Kingdom ??: 1
Robo-Hunter ??: 1
Stickleback ??: 1
Zombo ??: 1

I can't imagine the initial 80 will see anything outside of the above. Durham Red might be counted within Strontium or might not. Regardless, that means there isn't room for existing trade 'upgrades' for all of the 'unknown' books.

Tomwe

Quote from: karlos on 08 September, 2017, 08:42:21 AM
I know it's been shot down by you guys (who, let's face it, know more than I do), but I can't shake the feeling Zenith might be part of the first 80.

Has anyone asked Tharg on FB?

(I would, but I'm not on it!)
yes definitely not included in initial 80, sorry.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 September, 2017, 10:01:33 AM
By my count now, 72 books are confirmed, and at least a further four (possibly five) are definite as well:
At this point, other than maybe getting a number on Robo-Hunter, I think I'm happy to wait and see if there are any surprises.

karlos

Many thanks for the confirmation, Tomwe!

marko10174

How long did you guys wait until your first order arrived?

Arkady

Subscribed on the 21st, supposedly dispatched on the 24th, due to be received within 14 days (i.e. by today), still nothing.