Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

The shakara doesn't have any other book listed, maybe if it gets extended

Dandontdare

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 September, 2017, 11:19:16 AM
That also makes for a skinny book, given that they need to be in the 200–250 range, according to Matt Smith. Must be padded out some (covers/sketches/texty bits).

there is a wee bit of padding - as well as vols 1-3 (Shakara, The Assassin & The Defiant) there's a 6 page illustrated interview with the creators, plus 12 pages of covers and sketches

Arkady

Shakara and Kingdom will both have a second volume - confirmed on Twitter.

Arkady

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 20 September, 2017, 12:32:53 PM
Is that 79 confirmed volumes so far?

I think so, the only difference between my list and IndigoPrime's is he has four books for Invasion/Savage and I don't recall that being confirmed at all?

TordelBack

Quote from: Arkady on 20 September, 2017, 12:13:53 PM

Good stuff.  That guarantees them a sale of those four books to me, instead of none.

Arkady

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 September, 2017, 12:44:02 PM
Quote from: Arkady on 20 September, 2017, 12:13:53 PM

Good stuff.  That guarantees them a sale of those four books to me, instead of none.

Pleases me too. Woukd have felt weird to have the first half in the Collection and have to get the rest in a soft cover trade. Maybe that's just me being OCD, but it would have grated.

Shout-out for Cannon Fodder being the 80th volume!

IndigoPrime

Shakara not having the other half of the story would have been an odd decision, given that it's finite. (Getting only a bit of Stickleback and Kingdom is irksome, but there's at least the chance of an extension.)

Quote from: Tomwe on 20 September, 2017, 12:43:01 PMI think so, the only difference between my list and IndigoPrime's is he has four books for Invasion/Savage and I don't recall that being confirmed at all?
You're right. I just checked Facebook, and someone confirms both Invasion and Savage are included, but not how many books we'll get. So that's a minimum of 2. As far as I can tell, 73 volumes have been confirmed now, and three/four characters, too. Here's my current list, which makes 80:

CONFIRMED
ABC Warriors: 6
Ace Trucking: 2
Ampney Crucis: 1
Bad Company: 2
Caballistics: 2
Future Shocks: 2
Halo Jones: 1
Hewligan/Sooner: 1
Judge Dredd: 3
Kingdom: 2
Meltdown Man: 1
Nemesis: 4
Nikolai Dante [complete]: 9
Robo-Hunter: 3
Rogue Trooper: 5
Shakara [complete]: 2
Sláine: 13
Skizz/DR & Qunich: 1
Sinister Dexter: 3
Strontium Dog [no Starlord]: 10

NUMBERS UNKNOWN
Durham Red: 1
Savage/Invasion!: 4
Stickleback: 1
Zombo: 1

With the above, Durham Red may or may not be a standalone. (I'd argue it would be odd if it's part of the Strontium Dog books. It's a different series, in the way ABC Warriors is not Nemesis the Warlock.)

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 September, 2017, 01:40:58 PMsomeone confirms both Invasion and Savage are included, but not how many books we'll get. So that's a minimum of 2.
I think you're on the money with the four - one for Invasion matching the Rebellion book and then three for Savage, adding one more to what is already in print/collected.

So yeah, thats our 80. Three years until the extension, and a heck of a lot to read in the meantime!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 September, 2017, 01:40:58 PM
With the above, Durham Red may or may not be a standalone. (I'd argue it would be odd if it's part of the Strontium Dog books. It's a different series, in the way ABC Warriors is not Nemesis the Warlock.)

Do we know exactly what it will be...? The Abnett-Harrison run?
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Monarch on 20 September, 2017, 04:20:01 PM
it is the abnett/harrison run

GET IN! That is going to be one sexy hardback...!
@jamesfeistdraws

jannerboyuk

That list is great for me, at least 50 books of stuff i dont have and will really like! Really nice wuality as well, hope it manages the whole run

IndigoPrime

To further clarify, Durham Red – according to Tharg himself – is the entire Abnett run in a single volume.

As for that list, what strikes me about it is how much scope there is for an extension, in the way that's just not the case to the same level for Dredd. Within three years, you'd have a slew of additional material in the Prog; but even if Rebellion's not keen about duplication, you've loads of John Smith stuff, more Dredd/Anderson to add, existing Rebellion tomes that won't have been in the collection for Stickleback, Zombo, Kingdom, and so on.

I'm continuing with the Dredd run because, well, why not? But this one I'd be properly happy to see extended to 100–120 books.

The Monarch

yeah what he said i really hope for some red seas and a ton of smithiverse stuff in a possible extension