Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Still missing one or two pieces (one shipment of bricks seems to have gone AWOL) but these are pretty much done.  Probably my last for the year although I might chip away at a couple of things... 

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

ming

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 November, 2018, 03:30:35 PM
I love these so hard.

Thanks, Jimbo!  I was amazed to see Feek standing up, perfectly balanced, on those teeny feet.  Just dumb luck there, really.  Hee hee!

IndigoPrime

Those look even better in the flesh than the renders.

TordelBack

Even more incredible than usual.

Sinx

Colin YNWA

I watched Lego Masters on Channel 4 last night and thought of you.

Bolt-01

GBH's hair is just astounding.

Superb work and I'd be buying these in a heartbeat if they were commercially available...

PlanetReplicas

With a son who's mad keen on lego and a Lego store local to me I love these...

If theres any way I can facilitate offering these out #legit# in some way-  Id be very interested to help out.
;)

Dan, PR

*not sure if legit is the right word but hopefully you get what I mean!
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

ming

Aw, thanks all.  Looking at GBH again I'm really happy I decided to up the scale a bit - that crew wouldn't look right incomplete and there wasn't any other way I could see to do them justice.  Of course, now I've opened the door to larger sized figures it does allow for some other possibilities that I'd previously written off...  I'll see what I can come up with next year.

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 November, 2018, 08:04:40 AM
GBH's hair is just astounding.

Superb work and I'd be buying these in a heartbeat if they were commercially available...

Thanks, Bolt - GBH's hair was a bit of a nightmare to design but far, far worse to actually construct.  The thought of dropping this one and having to rebuild it gives me nightmares.  Feek and Ace (and D.R. and Quinch) are a lot more straightforward, thankfully.

I can provide the digital (Stud.io) files for anything I designed with that and the possibility to create step-by-step instructions (as a .pdf file) makes these a lot more doable than they were for people slightly less loony than me.  There are a few glitches to iron out with the steps that are automatically generated but the instructions are generally pretty decent (if you can handle IKEA flat-pack assembly, you can handle these).

Quote from: PlanetReplicas on 08 November, 2018, 08:10:25 AM
With a son who's mad keen on lego and a Lego store local to me I love these...

If theres any way I can facilitate offering these out #legit# in some way-  Id be very interested to help out.
;)

Dan, PR

I guess Keith is the person to talk to but I'm sure attempts to get Lego behind some 2000AD releases haven't come up trumps before now, unfortunately.  I'd love to see something (anything) official on shelves but in the meantime I'll just keep chipping away at stuff like this and making designs and instructions available to anyone who wants them, as far as I'm able.

IndigoPrime

There would actually be nothing stopping Rebellion putting an official stamp on a 2000 AD Lego Builds book. (There are, after all, tons of those in the wild, for a range of IPs.) The question would really be commercial viability.

As for 'legit', I can't imagine Rebellion would be terribly angry with a few PDFs of instructions being shared around, so people can have their own sets of chunky 2000 AD figures.

PlanetReplicas

cool-
I was thinking more in terms of a boxed kit/ product.
Ive chatted with Keith and Lego a few times over the years- maybe one day ;-)
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

IndigoPrime

I suspect boxed kit from Lego is vanishingly unlikely. Be mindful how poorly Doctor Who did in terms of sales, and that Red Dwarf didn't even make it out of the Ideas set decision process. 2000 AD's niche status counts against it when it comes to official nods from the home of the plastic blocks.

ming

Getting my ducks in a row for the next Christmas Prog (or just making bad use of some downtime over Christmas).

First there was Metta Lawson*...

...who was joined by Kill-a-Man-Jaroo...

...and then (at the urging of Phil Winslade), I've started on the CATT.  Looking at the design I was about to write it off before even starting but now I've managed this bit I guess I'll continue, although I doubt this one will reach physical build stage.  I considered trying for a fully-rounded CATT but that's next to impossible in Lego so I've gone with a more angular approach, which fits well with the figures I think.

I've started on another character as well (not Lawless-related) but we'll see how that goes.  The boys have made a few suggestions for others to try out so it looks like I'm not hanging up my bricks just yet.

:)

* chain to be added when I do the actual build.  Might change Jaroo's goggles as well but this was a decent start, I thought.

SpaceSpinner2000

"Hit the bricks" said Marshal Metta Lawson.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!