Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Supposedly three years between the first MM and MM2, although it's interesting to read Miller's older interviews where he says the end has already happened in MM and Max and the MFP are just about existing in the very last remnants of "civilized" society. Another fifteen years on then for Beyond Thunderdome and as it would have been with Mel attached, another twenty or so for Fury Road. Although with Hardy in the part now, it all enters James Bond territory. Yes it's Max, but don't try to make a logical chronological timeline out of it.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

GordonR

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: GordonR on 22 May, 2015, 11:06:24 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 May, 2015, 10:39:44 PM
Quote from: Pyroxian on 22 May, 2015, 09:23:41 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 May, 2015, 06:43:56 PMSome utter crap...

*Sigh*

You just started a fight there buddy!!!!

Not a battle of wits, presumably.

TAKE YOUR MEDICATION.

I quite convinced of my own views on feminism and what ever else you have thought I was talking about previously on this thread, but Proxian is just trolling me...messing with my words like that!

Continuing with this later...

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jock Savage

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 May, 2015, 11:34:55 PM
Continuing with this later...

Please don't. You've already been warned by a moderator to stop derailing the conversation with this boring argument. What you're talking about has nothing to do with the film - which you haven't seen. You (and anyone else who wants to discuss feminism) are free to raise the topic on the politics thread.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: blackmocco on 22 May, 2015, 07:14:15 PM
Here's a 70 year old woman's review of Fury Road. This is gold.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/19/mad-max-fury-road-as-reviewed-by-my-70-year-old-mother-in-law

Love it! Even my father, well into his sixties now, recommended I go see it. I'm glad he did - it was awesome!

COMMANDO FORCES

A little bit of interesting stuff about the next film Mad Max: The Wasteland and what's still to come.

QuoteBefore Mad Max: Fury Road was even in cinemas, it'd been revealed that another three or four movies were being lined up. Speaking on The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith, Miller has now revealed the title of the next movie in the franchise.

The director confirmed that the official title of the next film will be Mad Max: The Wasteland before adding, "We've got one screenplay and a novella. It happened because with the delays and writing all the backstories, they just expanded."

The delays that Miller makes reference to are the ones that saw Fury Road take 14 years to come to be, with the planning for the film initially beginning way back in 2001.

In an additional interesting note from another interview with The Daily Beast, writer/director Miller also revealed that Heath Ledger was at one point in his mind to play Max Rockatansky, speaking several times to the sadly-deceased Ledger about the role. Miller alluded, "He [Ledger] had that same thing that Mel [Gibson] and Tom Hardy have – that maleness, charisma, and restless energy, which you need to play a relatively still character. The world lost someone great when he went. Tom was the next to walk through the door that had that vibe."

No release date has been given for Mad Max: The Wasteland at this stage, although various reports claim that the some of the next films, if not all of them, will be prequels to Mad Max: Fury Road. Tom Hardy himself has recently revealed that he's signed up for four more Mad Max movies.

Judge Brian

I have now seen the real Cursed Earth on film.

Judge Nutmeg

Just read the first in a four part Mad Max comic series, Immortan Joe and  NUX , The back stories to both characters. Issue 2 is about Furiosa and 3 and 4 are about Max and that girl he keeps seeing.

GordonR

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 23 May, 2015, 04:22:06 PM
Just read the first in a four part Mad Max comic series, Immortan Joe and  NUX , The back stories to both characters. Issue 2 is about Furiosa and 3 and 4 are about Max and that girl he keeps seeing.

George Miller is 70.  Let's hope he makes the next three at a quicker rate than the 30-year gap between Thinderdome and Fury Road.

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: GordonR on 23 May, 2015, 04:35:36 PM

George Miller is 70.  Let's hope he makes the next three at a quicker rate than the 30-year gap between Thinderdome and Fury Road.

in another 30 years we might all be livng like Max.  :lol:

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 23 May, 2015, 10:04:19 PM

I'm starting earlier.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 May, 2015, 12:48:24 AM
Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 23 May, 2015, 10:04:19 PM

I really mean to put it hear.......

[ib]I"M STARTING NOW!!!![/b]

Providing I'm not one of those albino freaks and forced to ride the hell roller-coaster across a barren desert. I think I would prefer living with the free people in the green territories. If they would let me.

Because that type of world, everybody is awake at the expense of cable television and internet and police.

I wish I could do something like, now, I would almost trade in everything I have (Bar my current heatlh!) for life... maybe in a shanty new some beach and the means to continue living and enjoying life.

I did see the film this very night and was thrilled from the very visuals of....I can't even find words to describe, and I thought I was seeing fragments....concepts taken inspired by the art of Simon Bisley's - Heavy Metal F.R.A.K.K......

I just noticed this picture now and think I remember a dude dressed a bit like this above!

And at times it was so bloody close to Slaine - Warriors Dawn which is why I loved and hate this film at the same time.

It's got stuff from the beloved Slaine in it and it's not even Slaine.

Not to worry, I still think it's possible to harvest the same some times, gritty, sometimes desolate, always dystopian, always harsh (This is the CURSED-EARTH!!!!!) aspects of this film and recycle them again......

hazy efc

Quote from: Judge Brian on 23 May, 2015, 06:28:22 AM
I was thinking that myself at times when watching fury road, And how cool would it of been if dredd had of been a hit at the box office and george miller had signed on to direct the dredd sequel set in the cursed earth. :'(

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: hazy efc on 25 May, 2015, 01:35:55 PM
Quote from: Judge Brian on 23 May, 2015, 06:28:22 AM
I was thinking that myself at times when watching fury road, And how cool would it of been if dredd had of been a hit at the box office and george miller had signed on to direct the dredd sequel set in the cursed earth. :'(

I've said before some one should start touting around the dredd 2 script again on the back of the success of fury road, some other studio is going to want something similar and surely a script with a t-rex in post apocalyptic landscape is enough to get some suit salivating at the possibilities. Look at how different mad max and road warrior look someone's just got to take a risk.