The Chief Judge's Man - Progs 1244-1247, 1263-1266, 1342-1349

Raptaur - Megs 11-17

City of the Damned - Progs 393-406

Dead Ringer - Megazines 3.64-3.69

Purgatory / Inferno - Progs 834-841/842-853

Luna-City - Progs 42-59

Blood of Satanus III - Megs 257-265

Crusade - Progs 928-937

Voting will close on the morning of Wednesday 24th February and the 4 Epics with the most votes will progress to the next round.

All links go through to AlexF's simply brilliant Dredd Epics Ranked blog. You may need to scroll to find his write up of a particular story - but I'd suggest just reading the whole thing anyway - it's fantastic stuff.

Baffled by what's going on here - well we have a a thread for that - though that might leave you more confused than anything.

Rules for what they are worth.

Not sure about anything just ask and I'll blag it.

Rogue Judge

1. City of the Damned
2. The Chief Judge's Man
3. Inferno

Let the games begin!

broodblik

1. The Chief Judge's Man
2. Raptaur
3. City of the Damned
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Hmmm......can I vote for just one?

1.  The Chief Judge's Man.

It's actually quite good; I read the collected edition a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

Not so much the others.

broodblik

I agree with you Magnetica not the strongest line-up
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 22 February, 2021, 07:41:45 AM
I agree with you Magnetica not the strongest line-up

Don't forget that will be the case for a while as we work up from the bottom of AlexF's ranking - we've going to have some stinkers for a little bit. Its surprising though how quickly it gets decent. The GREAT stuff is a little way off though.

broodblik

The Chief Judge Man was really good and in my opinion should be rated higher (sorry AlexF)

abelardsnazz

1. City of the Damned. I have a soft spot for this, the Mutant is a great villain and the future ruined city has bags of atmosphere.
2. The Chief Judge's Man. This works well, always good to see Judge Edgar, one of my favourite (and underrated? - may be a future tourney there) supporting characters in Dredd.
3. Raptaur. I forgot how much trouble Dredd gets in here. It's a solid Dredd vs. alien beastie yarn.

sintec

• The Chief Judge's Man
  • Raptaur
  • City of the Damned

I've not read Blood Of Satanus III but Alex's description makes me determined to track down a copy at some point as it sounds utterly bonkers. Hicklenton drawing tons of grotesque demons sounds like exactly my kind of thing.

Barrington Boots

1.The Chief Judge's Man - easily the best of the bunch here.
2. City of the Damned - I find this is one of those epics that falls a bit flat, but it's got a lot of cool stuff in it.

I can't in all good conscience give a point to any of the others.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Tomwe

1) The Chief Judge's Man

2) City of the Damned

3) Raptaur

AlexF

Am I...

...allowed to vote here?

I mean in theory my top 3 ought to match the list exactly  :D But if I'm voting purely based on how my heart feels on vague memories of reading each story and the feelings that generates, I'd go for:

1. City of the Damned
2. Blood of Satanus III
3. Raptaur

(Chief Judge's Man is more competently told and, on the whole, better illustrated than all of these by miles. But I'll be damned if I don't wanna revisit those other ones more often...)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 22 February, 2021, 09:32:29 AM
Am I...

...allowed to vote here?

I thiunk there's no vote I look forward to more. Its going to be fascinating to see how you vote when not bound by the scoring you put in place for your list. And this is a prime example of that.

Bolt-01

1) The Chief Judge's Man
2) City of the Damned
3) Raptaur

Magnetica

Quote from: sintec on 22 February, 2021, 08:38:26 AM
I've not read Blood Of Satanus III but Alex's description makes me determined to track down a copy at some point as it sounds utterly bonkers. Hicklenton drawing tons of grotesque demons sounds like exactly my kind of thing.

For me Hicklenton's art was always an "acquired taste". I'm kinda ok with it on Nemesis and actually I'm just biased against any art on Nemesis that's not by O'Neill or Talbot.

But on Blood of Satanus III it was a whole other level. And not in a good way for my taste....but I can see how others would like it and you should absolutely check it out.