Main Menu

Rebellion to Continue Line of Graphic Novels without DC

Started by 2000AD Online, 14 April, 2005, 09:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Rumour control, citizens - here are the facts!

Sadly, due to factors outside Rebellion's control, the DC line of 2000 AD graphic novels is no more. But fear not - Rebellion will continue to publish the line of collections at the same size, and continue to collect the adventures of the Galaxy's Greatest characters!

The last books that DC will jointly publish will be The Complete Indigo Prime, The Ballad of Halo Jones and Rogue Trooper: Fort Neuro around June/July 2005. After that, Rebellion will revise its publishing plans and return to the North American market with a new distribution partner as soon as possible.

Starting later in the year, expect to see collections including Judge Dredd: Sin City, Nikolai Dante: Courtship of Jena Makarov, Strontium Dog: Portrait of a Mutant, Rogue Trooper: Eye of the Traitor, Judge Dredd: Total War, Nikolai Dante: Tsar Wars, Strontium Dog: The Killing, Robo-Hunter: Play it Again, Sam, Judge Dredd: The Chief Judge's Man and many more!

And keep an optical sensor peeled for the complete Judge Dredd Case Files - coming soon!

Thrill-power will prevail, Earthlets!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

The Amstor Computer

Thanks, guys!

The official word - and so quickly - is much appreciated, and I'll look forward to the line continuing. If the books announced above arrive, that puts us well on the way to having complete collections of several of the comic's finest strips, and I'm drooling at the prospect.

:-)

Byron Virgo

And I hope this silences all those wagging tongues who were slagging off Mr. Smith and Rebellion!

Well done guys, much appreciated!

Persoanlly, I can't wait for more Dante, Rogue, Stront and especially the new Dredd titles - these sound ace!

Dudley

Byron Virgo

Caballistics, Inc. should be before that, I think...

paulvonscott

This sounds absolutely fantastic.  There's so much good stuff and canny thinking in that lot.

The DC deal hasn't been all negative, it's kicked off what looks like the best range of 2000AD books we've ever seen if nothing else.  

Hurrah for Tharg

Dan Kelly

Indeed, thanks for the official Word.  

MAkes me a lot happier about comitting to the Stront Line, if only it were in stock...

Dan

Leigh S

"complete Judge Dredd Case Files"....!

paulvonscott

I know, I've been waiting for news of that for what seems like an eternity!

Ah, all those endless posts and threads abour complete dredd...

Oddboy

Woooo! "Complete Dredd Case Files"?

Presumably, that will be excluding the 'Mega-epics' that are already being collected in the GN format.
Wonder how *complete* it'll be though? Might be a good chance to officially rid ourselves of some of the early 90s Dredds that shouldn't've ever happened!
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Amstor Computer

Of course, the "Complete Judge Dredd Case Files"  could simply be a collection of all of Bish-Op?s episodes guides from the Meg...

;-)

paulvonscott

Heh, well, I think the pics would be left out, as premably that's the place to slip in your copy iof say The Apocalypse War, or Total War.

Case Files does sound like the typical sort of weekly adventure as well doesnt it?

paulvonscott

AAARGH!  Good point Amstor.  Sigh...

Noisybast

I thought the Case Files were the Ron Smith "organised crime" stories, like the Jimps, Blobs, Body Sharks, etc...?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Grant Goggans

Thank you, Tharg!

Also, the new Thirteen collection looks, like, totally zarjaz and stuff.

--Grant