Main Menu

Zarjaz new graphic novels coming in October!

Started by 2000AD Online, 14 September, 2005, 08:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

This October sees the release of 3 new graphic novels from the Thrill vaults of Tharg.

Judge Dredd: Satan's Island
John Wagner, Kev Walker, Ben Willsher, Paul Marshall and Cam Kennedy
Paperback
112pp
?9.99

The largest mobile man-made structure the world has ever known has come to the shores of Mega-City One and people are flocking to the island with sin on their mind. However, hiding amongst the dens of iniquity and vice is international terrorist Ula Danser, waiting to release a storm of devastation on the citizens of the Big-Meg.
It's a race against time as Dredd and his team try to find Danser before all hell breaks loose!

Rogue Trooper: Eye of The Traitor
Gerry Finley-Day, Brett Ewins, Cam Kennedy and Boluda
Paperback
192pp
?10.99

Last of the Genetic Infantrymen Rogue Trooper has gone AWOL with the bio-chipped souls of his dead comrades Helm, Bagman and Gunnar, determined to hunt down the Traitor General that betrayed the G.I.s. Now, in this latest collection of his adventures, he faces a murderous handgun in 'Major Magnum', the horror of living barbed wire in 'Bio-Wire' and shocking revelations about his past in 'Milli-Com Memories'!

Family
Rob Williams and Simon Fraser
Hardback
64pp
?9.99

Odysseus City, the near future. The Family runs things around here, but they aren't your average mobsters. They are a select cadre, bonded by blood, whose powers extend way beyond the usual. When OCPD cop, Kurt, gets involved with the bosses' daughter he sees a way to bring about the downfall of the crime lords. However, somebody else has the same idea. Somebody who should have died over twenty years ago!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Grant Goggans

But what we really need to know is...

Are these new paperback collections the same size and format as the ones already released in the Rainbow Spine series?

--Grant

Wake

I can answer than (nearly)

According to the advance information I have Satan's Island and Eye of the Traitor are 258 x 187mm but Family is 302 x 216mm

Cheers,

Wake

The Amstor Computer

Thanks for the update - and I'll second Grant's question.

BTW - where is that Rogue cover pic from? It's not one I recognise. Is it a recoloured section from a strip, or is it a new illo entirely? The covers for Family and Satan's Island both look gorgeous, but I'm afraid that this one, with the Photoshopped sky and recoloured appearance, is really quite ropey.

I much preferred the placeholder - http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1904265529.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">here - as a cover image. I also note the logo has changed again. Is that going to be the final version?

Wake

The Rogue cover is a reprint from Prog 317, which I've already noted on the GN profile page.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: Rogue Trooper: Eye of the Traitor

Wake

Personally I like the glossy recolouring of a pre-prog 520 cover.

Cheers,

Wake

The Amstor Computer

Ah, so it is. Cheers, Wake.

Not one of Cam Kennedy's finest covers, but at least the original has a little more subtlety in the colouring.

BTW - if your advance info is correct, then the books are going to be the same size exactly. Good news!

The Amstor Computer

Fair point. I think that the cover of Fort Neuro has been the high point so far, and IMO this just doesn't compare well.

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/mediumres/dcrogue2.jpg">

Wake

The Fort Neuro cover is pretty much unchanged from it's original appearance on 2000AD Monthly.

Cheers,

Wake

Oddboy

Other changes -
2K logo missing?
Creator names along bottom of picture, rather than black bar at the top?

Are they keeping the same spine colour scheme?

I'm reading Fort Neuro at the moment... looking forward to the third book already!
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Amstor Computer

Odds --

Yep, it looks like the new Rebellion books are going to be closer in appearance to the Euro line than the DC/Rebellion titles. While the change is understandable, it's a little bit annoying to have the book covers redesigned halfway through the series.

Still, I'm sure the contents will be up to scratch, and if having a dodgy cover and a series that doesn't quite match is the price for a full reprint of Rogue, then I'll be OK with that!

The Adventurer

As long as the Spines contine to match changes to the cover and back cover trade dresses don't matter to me.

The spines must stay the same.

Also, it'd be nice if the book dimentions didn't change.  But I'm starting to worry about that.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Adventurer

Oh and PS: The cover design change isn't that signifigent, only the black bar with the creator credits has been removed, and they're using a differen font for the arc name, and their using a different Rogue Trooper Logo, and they took the 2000 AD logo off the cover.

Besides that nothing's changed....

Though I did like the Black Bared creator credits.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

archangel 1

WHOOOHOOOOOOO about time for satan's island,i'm having it,nuff said!