Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con - 2012

Started by Satanist, 18 February, 2012, 04:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Anyone else up for this? I'll prob get tickets for both days.

http://www.glasgowcomiccon.com/

I know there were a few interested last year but yer all pissheads so I wasnt surprised to find you at the pub instead.

Last years seemed to be aimed at small press with lots of stalls and discussions. But I dont care about that as I'm only there to get sketches/comics and make an arse of myself by acting like a complete fanboy.

And if getting rat arsed a chat afterwards is on the cards even better

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

I'm hoping to get passed the pub this time   :-[ a few sketches would be spot on, but a night in weegieeland fills me with unspeakable dread, so just the Saturday for me... unless Citizen M let me in...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

iT does say two venues, maybe the other one will be the pub?  :D
DDT did a job on me

Judo

The glasgow comicon is organised by sha and john of blackhearted press so yes expect a lot of small press as the local glasgow comic scene is pretty tight. Last year was an absolute blast with alan grant, david lloyd, mark miller, colin macneil, gary erskine and others signing, sketching and smiling kindly at insane fans. I was stoned and steamin through the whole thing as there was a bar in venue :P and yes pub afterwards too! Very surreal to see david lloyd asleep in my local night club!!! I'm not sure who's appearing this year but if I find out anything I will let you know. I am very happy for them to be running 2 days this year after last years success. Ill be the drunk chick being rude to everyone w00t w00t feel free to say hey x x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Tiplodocus

I did enjoy our session in the pub last year but aim to get myself into gear and actually book tickets in plenty of time this year.

So, yay!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

I'm certainly up for pints again and if I have to spend a couple of hours standing about looking at hairy, unwashed comics types first then it's a sacrifice I suppose I'll have to make.
We never really die.

Judo

oh oh ohhhh I'm back with more news and that is that I quizzed sha and although the tickets are almost on sale he won't tell me anything. This doesn't sound like good news buuut that means they have booked all the obvious and have some freakin secrets :D

Obvious choices being the peeps doon the road YMMV...

Frank quitely (<3 lurve)
mark miller
alan grant
Grant morrison
Gary erskine

And if they think the special guests are worth holding out til the last moment they must be extra special!

I'm thinkin jeff smith has GOTTA make an appearance!! X

Satanist

Surprise guest is Bolland or GTFO.

And I think the chances of getting Miller and Morrison in the same room are slim. Maybe seperate days?

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Emperor

I'd put some cash on Dave Gibbons.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Judo

morrisons an awesome writer and a very nice man. I was so stoned at his signing last year but he was well lovin me cos in a sea of all star supermans and batmans I gave him a 2000ad which he started reading lolol said it was the oldest thing hed signed in ages <3 spreadin the ad lurve ftw. But he's kinda hard to get hold of cos does he not live mainly in LA?

marks a given I'd say cos he's really into the glasgow scene, he even runs the awesome horror/scifi night at gft every month (frankie boyle and starship troopers next month w00t w00t). But hopefully both on aye different days - though they should defo make up and be pals again.

Hmm bolland and gibbons yeah I can defo see that. I'd love them to get jeff, carlos and dayglo but that'sjust wishful thinking cos I haven't had the pleasure to meet them yet :) x

Emperor

Quote from: Judo on 22 February, 2012, 10:57:26 PMhe was well lovin me cos in a sea of all star supermans and batmans I gave him a 2000ad which he started reading lolol said it was the oldest thing hed signed in ages

One day I will wait hours in a queue just to get him to sign the two Starblazers he inked.

Quote from: Judo on 22 February, 2012, 10:57:26 PMBut he's kinda hard to get hold of cos does he not live mainly in LA?

My understanding is that he know spends half the year in LA and half the year in Scotland (probably the relatively warm bit ;) ).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Proudhuff

There's a warm bit of Scotland?  :o
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Always seems to be plenty of hot air flowing between Edinburgh and Paisley...

maryanddavid

Do Morrison and Millar not get on now?

Emperor

I suspect there is a thread or two on this somewhere - I reckon they'd be safe to lock in a room together (which is more than you can say about some comicy types, Mark Millar and Alan Grant wouldn't end well for people waiting for that Supercrooks series ;) ) but they might not have a lot to say to each other.

Quote from: Proudhuff on 23 February, 2012, 03:47:52 PM
There's a warm bit of Scotland?  :o

I'll direct me learn'd colleague to the relevant preceding term "relatively" and the "bit" was a reference to the time of year, as I believe there is a brief window when the permafrost melts, the midges breed and brass monkeys can take off one layer of thermal underwear. I think this year forecasters suggest it might be August the 15th, so plan accordingly.