Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

On the intro to Newswipe the announcer pronounced "caustic" as "costic".

Is this where my licence fee is paying?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Patrick and/or Michael ate six of the twelve pancakes I bought.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Mike Gloady

I've yet to encounter any Facebook troubles yet, Doc.  But then I don't use very many applications and the ones I *do* use warned me they'd disappear in the next update unless I gave them a tab.  Mine updated this morning, no hassles yet (touch wood).

Drop the support folks a line, they're sure to be encountering a lot of this and should have an idea what to do.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't know why they keep fucking around with it!!!!!

Mike Gloady

I remember complaining when they let non uni-students on, but now I wouldn't be without the wider world on FB.  Some of the changes may well be improvements.  As for the other ones, well, they'll probably change it back.  I've been on there long enough to remember certain features being removed and reinstated.  Mwahahahaha!  The power of the people.

The Doctor Alt 8

It's alright. I am now getting used to the new system. Why do people feel the need to change things for changes sake?

The Legendary Shark

It's all part of out culture of planned and perceived obsolescence.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mike Gloady

They have to give the folks taking care of it something to do when they're not fixing problems etc.  My guess is that in that sector, keeping up with the pace of change and user's needs is essential.  They don't want to turn into another MySpace (who?).

worldshown

...my mother has managed to successfully conceal an infection from me for just long enough to bugger up her kidneys, which is why I have spent most of the last 14 hours in A&E listening to doctors saying that they will stop all treatment if she doesn't improve tonight.

Just come home for something to eat then I'm back down there.

The Doctor Alt 8

Oh I'm sorry to hear that.
I'll keep stum about my petty troubles.

TordelBack

Feck, worldshown - that's terrible.  Fingers crossed for you both, mate.

Dandontdare

that's rough worldshown, keeping my fingers crossed for you and your ma. My dad's the same with doctors - he's well at the moment, but he's almost 80 and I just know that if he does get any symptoms he'll keep it to himself as long as possible.

uncle fester

Sorry to hear it worldshown... Here's wishing your ma all the best.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Really awful, Worldshown. My best wishes to both of ye.