Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

My take on what Scott Ian was saying is, while a lot of things claim to be punk and to the left politically 2000AD is the real deal.
That's how I interpreted his comment anyway.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Dog Deever

It's possible he's referring to only the punk 'scene'- the ages old rift between 'fashion punks' and 'anarchopunks' (oversimplified terms), rather than the broader sense of the traditional left that has nothing really to do with 'the rock scene' as such.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: 8-Ball on 20 August, 2014, 10:50:58 PM
I liked it up to the bit with the American dude with the goatee giving it all that about "left-wing shit" As a dyed-in-the-wool Leftie I have to take issue with that remark. :thumbsdown: Hopefully he doesn't make that great a contribution to this otherwise splendid endeavour. I look forward to seeing the whole thing in the very near future.

I wouldn't take it too seriously; there's both left-wing and right-wing shit and I don't care what his views are -Scott Ian has been relatively left-of-centre in any political statements he's made- but I suspect he's alluding to the violent and irreverent side of 2000AD in contrast to being preachy, P.C. or worthy.

As both Alan Grant and John Wagner have said, "the more they made Dredd a bastard, the more the fans liked him".

Frank

In meathead US popular cultural terms, the phrase left-wing is used as a synonym for being a pussy, a hippy, or for being weak. They think Obama is of the left.

Colin YNWA

Premier announced! IN LESS THAN A MONTH

robot6.comicbookresources.com/2014/08/mondocon-lineup-includes-future-shock-world-premiere/

Well okay so I won't make it to Texas, but its a comin' Very excited.

Richmond Clements

QuoteIf I know my 2000 AD history I am guessing that most of the other interviewees (Pat Mills, John Wagner etc.) are from the opposite end of the spectrum from your Anthrax man

Well from what I know of Anthrax (and this is only through their music), I don't think they are.

8-Ball

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 27 August, 2014, 08:06:24 PM
QuoteIf I know my 2000 AD history I am guessing that most of the other interviewees (Pat Mills, John Wagner etc.) are from the opposite end of the spectrum from your Anthrax man

Well from what I know of Anthrax (and this is only through their music), I don't think they are.

That's cool. :cool:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

COMMANDO FORCES

The World Premiere was at Mondo Con, in Austin yesterday!

Here are a few tweets that have popped up, with the first one bing from the team behind it:-

- Totally pumped after the first ever screening of FUTURE SHOCK! Amazing day at @MondoConAustin, bring on round 2.
- Just got out of @FutureShockDoc and it was amazing. Had no idea 2000AD was a thing & now totally inspired to seek it out & read it.
- The @FutureShockDoc was a high point of Day 1 of #MondoCon. Engaging and thorough. Took me back to my misspent youth. Seek it out! #fb

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

blackmocco

I'll be seeing it here in LA October 3rd as part of the BeyondFest. To say I can't wait would be something of an understatement.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES

Steve Green

Quote from: blackmocco on 21 September, 2014, 04:41:56 PM
I'll be seeing it here in LA October 3rd as part of the BeyondFest. To say I can't wait would be something of an understatement.

I hope you get into this one!

blackmocco

Ha! Well, it's free but I think I'll be skipping out of work early for this one...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Colin YNWA

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 September, 2014, 03:24:05 PM
- Just got out of @FutureShockDoc and it was amazing. Had no idea 2000AD was a thing & now totally inspired to seek it out & read it.

Gotta love that quote (and thanks to Mr Burdis for digging it out)

Can't wait to see this whenever the chance arrives. Did a bit of a dig any future dates but no luck. Am I just being daft or impatient?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 September, 2014, 08:56:07 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 September, 2014, 03:24:05 PM

Gotta love that quote (and thanks to Mr Burdis for digging it out)

Can't wait to see this whenever the chance arrives. Did a bit of a dig any future dates but no luck. Am I just being daft or impatient?

Yeah, great quote!  I'm hoping we get loads of new loyal Squaxx after this goes out everywhere!!