Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

They did talk about the hours of extra footage, but also about how much of the post production budget went on legal fees. I know nothing about documentary production but they seemed to suggest that the costs of clearing the unused footage might be prohibitive.

Steve Green

That's interesting, I hadn't thought of that.

I would have thought that there would be relatively safe footage to include though, or if they have to run it through legal regardless to satisfy the distributor?

I know they interviewed me, Steve Sterlacchini and Burdis at LSCC, and I don't *think* I slagged anyone off...

Maybe it was a Health and Safety Risk Assessment thing, triggering narcolepsy :D

Eamonn Clarke

I believe the John Burdis footage has been sealed in a triple lined lead vault. ;)

JOE SOAP

It can go anywhere from €0 a minute to €10,000 and more depending on who owns the footage, who's in it, and whether it's a once only broadcast or not - if it's for commercial use that's probably even more. The average cost for a once only broadcast of archived material from a private film archive is a few hundred for a minute of footage.

These charges are exempt from things like EPK packages because they are created for the purpose of review.

COMMANDO FORCES

They can use mine for free. I think I may have been less than kind about Marvel & D.C. but that's okay, isn't it!

Steve Green

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 30 August, 2015, 02:26:45 PM
I believe the John Burdis footage has been sealed in a triple lined lead vault. ;)

maryanddavid

Really looking forward to seeing it, a DVD for Christmas would be perfect. I have a very small part in it, I tried to organise an interview with an early member of 2000AD's staff, but unfortunately it fell through at the last minute.

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's a short interview from the crew and Kev O'Neill at FrightFest.

FRIGHTFEST INTERVIEW

Proudhuff

Huzzah! With the DVD release you soft southerners can practice the correct way to say Sh*te! as enunciated by Colin McNeil.
DDT did a job on me

paddykafka

Great to hear about the DVD release. Just from any Irish point-of-view, I wonder if the producers have submitted FUTURE SHOCK to any of the film festivals here in Ireland, the Dublin International Film Festival being one example? Also, would a limited release in "Arthouse" or similar Indie-vibe cinemas be on the cards? The Irish Film Institute would be a good spot in which to show it, methinks.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 August, 2015, 04:02:33 PM
Huzzah! With the DVD release you soft southerners can practice the correct way to say Sh*te! as enunciated by Colin McNeil.

and you Jocks can learn how to say "Fack arf" like a proper Southern punk!

alphadogau

Hi
I don't know if anyone else hate noticed this, but in Australia at least the doc is now available through iTunes!
Are we there yet?

Steve Green

Must be a local Oz thing then - nothing on the UK store...

There's a podcast episode from Britflicks, but nothing else.

Krakajac

I'm based in Oz - and I can't find it on iTunes.

As mentioned above, the podcast episode is showing up.