Main Menu

Prog storage

Started by JTurner, 18 October, 2012, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTurner

I'm thinking of re-subscribing, but I'm already taking up plenty of shelving space with progs and megazines from between 96 and 04, as well as trades. We've a small house and the spare room is now for the sprog rather than the progs. About the only place left is the loft or under the stairs - I'd go for the latter, but it's damp and musty under there (Oooer missus).

Can anyone out there recommend a good damp-resistant means of storage? I've seen some plastic comics boxes but they seem to be for US formats. Or do you think that just bagging the individual progs will be enough?

Tjm86

I've always used the larger Really Useful Boxes.  Normally manage to get a couple of years worth in nicely.  That plus a couple of drawers of a filing cabinet.  Fit about 600 progs in there and the rest plus the megs in the RUB's.  Added advantage of being able to actually see into them.

opaque

I use the really useful boxes for archival storage at work and they are brilliant. You could practically store them outside in the rain.

When I finally get my own place my collection is going to go into really useful boxes as well.

JTurner