Main Menu

Question for the hive mind

Started by malkymac, 10 January, 2017, 06:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malkymac

Was talking to my son the other night about entropy and it reminded me of a future shock from years ago (drawn by John Higgins I think) set at the end of the universe where everything is just about coming to a standstill because of thermodynamic equilibrium.

Can anyone else remember this and what is was called?

Cheers

Frank

Hot Item (278). The writer went on to do a few fill-in issues of Spawn.

Rogue Judge

Is this collected in Alan Moore's Future Shocks collection? I enjoy the twilight zone nature of these strips, and have only been able to read a few on online previews. Is his collection worth purchasing or is there a more worthwhile future shocks collection?

malkymac

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 10 January, 2017, 07:24:48 AM
The writer went on to do a few fill-in issues of Spawn.

Is that the same guy that did the Badrock Vs. Violator miniseries? Nothing like an apprenticeship in the House of Tharg to set you up for the Big Three!

CalHab

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 January, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
Quote from: Frank on 10 January, 2017, 07:24:48 AM
The writer went on to do a few fill-in issues of Spawn.

Is that the same guy that did the Badrock Vs. Violator miniseries? Nothing like an apprenticeship in the House of Tharg to set you up for the Big Three!

And an issue of Vigilante. I wonder what became of him?

terryworld

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 10 January, 2017, 07:37:05 AM
Is his collection worth purchasing or is there a more worthwhile future shocks collection?

dude..... c'mon :)

Dandontdare

If you like Future Shock type stories, then yes, the collected Alan Moore book is pretty much the best of the best.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 January, 2017, 01:53:12 PM
If you like Future Shock type stories, then yes, the collected Alan Moore book is pretty much the best of the best.

I've only ever read one Future Shock story, but I liked it and keep hearing good things about them! Thanks for the input, I'll add it to the list.