Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: dweezil2 on 28 September, 2016, 12:35:05 PM
Amazing band, hoping to get tickets for London 02!

Me too, haven't seen Maiden since 2008.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Jacqusie

Taking a trip tonight to Manc to see Slough's finest - Thousand Yard Stare

They have reformed to give us aging indie kids a trip down baggy lane - looking forward to letting the (now greying) hair down...

Si

Albion

Got my Iron Maiden ticket for London. :-)

Rately

Quote from: Albion on 29 September, 2016, 09:14:53 AM

Good stuff. Enjoy.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Albion on 29 September, 2016, 09:14:53 AM

Got ours for Sheffield, the tour looks awesome!

Jacqusie

The amazing Wilko Johnson tonight at Sheff City Hall... including the equally fabulous Norman Watt-Roy.

Fine form they were and a priviledge to see the great blues man

Si

Keef Monkey

Off to see Kerbdog on Thursday which should be fun. I've never seen them, and their On The Turn album was a really, really big one for me at the time. One of the most perfect poppy rock albums ever made, and up their with Nevermind and whatnot in my eyes. Anyway, getting to yell along with that stuff live should be a hoot!

Keef Monkey

John Carpenter is this weekend! Very excited, but also still pretty nervous about the meet and greet bit. Got a mail with the details and the signing is strictly limited 'to 2 personal items'. My plan had been to get one thing signed for myself and one for a friend, so now I'm worried that'll be a problem, or that asking for a personalized 'To...' autograph might even be frowned upon and he'll say no.

Stupid as it sounds, I don't want to do anything that might make the experience awkward or regrettable so am probably over-stressing!

Jacqusie

Off to see the evergreen Paul Simon this weekend. He says he's going to try and retire from music just to see what it's like after this tour and album, Stranger to Stranger.

Which is excellent by the way, some great songs on the record and a return to form for him after some patchy years.

I don't think he will be able to give it up, music, rythm and wordery are in his blood and he still sings and performs to a very high standard... those small fingers will get far too itchy...

Rately

Quote from: Jacqusie on 09 November, 2016, 12:07:37 AM
Off to see the evergreen Paul Simon this weekend. He says he's going to try and retire from music just to see what it's like after this tour and album, Stranger to Stranger.

Which is excellent by the way, some great songs on the record and a return to form for him after some patchy years.

I don't think he will be able to give it up, music, rythm and wordery are in his blood and he still sings and performs to a very high standard... those small fingers will get far too itchy...

Enjoy the gig.

I've been meaning to listen to that album for a few months now, but been busy with work and moving house. We are having a "quiet weekend" apparently, so i'll maybe nip out to shed with a beer and have a good listen.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 20 October, 2016, 09:51:26 AM
I'm worried that'll be a problem, or that asking for a personalized 'To...' autograph might even be frowned upon and he'll say no.

It's usually the other way round - nowadays a lot of people will refuse to sign anything UNLESS it's personalised, to avoid chancers who are just going to stick it straight on eBay

And I'm jealous of Jaquesie., I'd love to see Mr Simon, only wish it could've been a couple of decades ago. haven't heard the latest - So Beautiful So What was okay but didn't blow my socks off - not a patch on Hearts &B Bones or Graceland.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 November, 2016, 06:37:25 PM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 20 October, 2016, 09:51:26 AM
I'm worried that'll be a problem, or that asking for a personalized 'To...' autograph might even be frowned upon and he'll say no.

It's usually the other way round - nowadays a lot of people will refuse to sign anything UNLESS it's personalised, to avoid chancers who are just going to stick it straight on eBay

Yeah, that's a good point. In the end my nerves were totally unfounded. He was more than happy to make them out to whoever, and went out of his way to double-check the spelling of names and to ask about the people he was signing for and if they would be at the show and stuff. He really couldn't have been any nicer about it, and when he saw it was the Lost Themes vinyl I had he went and grabbed his son and guitarist (who had also played on the album with him) and got them to sign it too which was nice.

I was genuinely really nervous about the whole thing (partly because he seems to have a reputation for being pretty grumpy about those things, and because the negative way my brain tends to reflect on things usually means whenever I've met someone I've been a fan of I've managed to find a reason to feel regretful or embarrassed about it in retrospect) but he was so cool and cheerful that the actual meeting was just a really nice relaxed experience. Still buzzing about it, and the show was fantastic too! 

Albion

Tonight at the Concorde2, Brighton I will be seeing New Model Army.  :)

Jacqusie

Quote from: Albion on 16 November, 2016, 08:18:20 AM
Tonight at the Concorde2, Brighton I will be seeing New Model Army.  :)

Nice one, I never did go and see NMA - hope you survived!

I'm off to see Teenage Fanclub tonight, I've not seen the fannies for years!  :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jacqusie on 17 November, 2016, 02:21:56 AM
I'm off to see Teenage Fanclub tonight, I've not seen the fannies for years!  :)

Wow yeah have to be honest didn't even know the Fannies were still going, or had got back together, whichever.

Used to love my Fannies/Tank Girl t-shirt.