Main Menu

DC Universe Online bargain

Started by bluemeanie, 19 July, 2012, 11:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Know theres a DC Universe thread already but after 5 minutes I still cant find it so a quick new one

For anyone playing this for free on Steam they're selling the DLC bundle for just under six quid. 75% off

BUT at the time of posting this offer is only available for then next 4 hours so be quick

Heres the info :

About the Game

Download the DC Universe™ Online Power Bundle and get the first three DLC Packs – Fight for the Light, Lightning Strikes and The Battle for Earth! The bundle unlocks three devastating new powers – Light, Electricity and Earth – and opens up several challenging new high-level adventures. Join friends and battle with or against the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps, take on the dangers of the Speed Force and explore the origins of The Flash and team with Batman or Lex Luthor and other heroes and villains in the ultimate battle against Brainiac.

Bundle Includes:

Fight For The Light: Unlock powerful Light Powers and fight alongside or with the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps! Battle with friends in new Lantern-themed co-op battles and show off new Lantern-themed gear.
    Lightning Strikes: Devastate enemies or heal allies with Electricity Powers and take on new solo and group combat missions in all-new maps!
    The Battle For Earth: Crush your enemies with new Earth Powers and join the ultimate battle against Brainiac and his Prime Avatars! Join your friends in massive new battles, including the fight to save Wonder Woman's home island and showdown in South Gotham with Brainiac and his minions.

Professor Bear

I tried this after finally clearing the room for it on my PS3 (20gb download, 15 gb install), and while I'd really, really like to like it, it's just so aimless, even for an open world action rpg.  Finding my way about was baffling and in the end I just wandered around looking for collectibles and things to punch before turning it off.
Note that while the main game data is free, you need to buy stuff to make it work, like "slots" to create and store your characters, or story packs to actually have something to do rather than just wander about - you even have to pay to unlock the cheevos and trophies.  It's basically a Facebook clicker aimed at getting you to keep paying cash to the developer, only on a larger scale.

bluemeanie

Aimless? There's about 50+ missions to complete. Probably more

I will say that while it's free I did pay a fiver to unlock a Batman pvp character just so it would open the game up a lot more, but for a fiver thats a hell of a lot of gameplay